Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 95

Thread: Fm 2007

  1. #31
    International Coach Pothas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Surbiton, UK
    Posts
    12,130
    I have got the new one as the one I did have was quite a bit out of date. It is an improvment, as mentioned the scouting is better. Not a huge change but then that is never to be expected.

  2. #32
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    The only big change really was from CM03/04 to FM 05 when it changed hands in who makes the game.

    I am impressed with all the efforts they put in to develop all the player's stats and the transfer's etc. Although how do you judge if somebody has an pace 18 to a pace of 20? Or a Communication of 18 to 15 (for goal keepers) for example?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  3. #33
    International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    The only big change really was from CM03/04 to FM 05 when it changed hands in who makes the game.

    I am impressed with all the efforts they put in to develop all the player's stats and the transfer's etc. Although how do you judge if somebody has an pace 18 to a pace of 20? Or a Communication of 18 to 15 (for goal keepers) for example?
    Not quite sure what you mean? The higher stat is better, but you have to take into account the players age and the other similar skills (acceleration and stamina for pace, for example)

  4. #34
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    57,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I am impressed with all the efforts they put in to develop all the player's stats and the transfer's etc. Although how do you judge if somebody has an pace 18 to a pace of 20? Or a Communication of 18 to 15 (for goal keepers) for example?
    Individual scouts for most clubs (sometimes 2 or 3) - they go to lots of games, and compare all the players for the stats and send them to SI.

    SI then have to look at some sort of unification I assume.

    It does occasionally escape through the net, To Madeira for example.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.


  5. #35
    International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,898
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Individual scouts for most clubs (sometimes 2 or 3) - they go to lots of games, and compare all the players for the stats and send them to SI.

    SI then have to look at some sort of unification I assume.

    It does occasionally escape through the net, To Madeira for example.
    Ah, I see what he means now. It must take a lot of testing to reach a sort of equilibrium where each player is rated on a similar scale.

  6. #36
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Individual scouts for most clubs (sometimes 2 or 3) - they go to lots of games, and compare all the players for the stats and send them to SI.

    SI then have to look at some sort of unification I assume.

    It does occasionally escape through the net, To Madeira for example.
    Wouldn't these guy's be voluneenter's (sic) though (ie through a newspaper ad)?

  7. #37
    International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Wouldn't these guy's be voluneenter's (sic) though (ie through a newspaper ad)?
    I would have thought they are probably local journalists or just people well connected with a good knowledge of football in their country. If you have a look at the back of the manual, it lists the researchers - there are quite a lot.

  8. #38
    Cricketer Of The Year bugssy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    8,213
    i have the game and its quality had it about 5 days brilliant
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

  9. #39
    International Debutant kears_falcon_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh
    Does anyone know how to set up a fm 05/06 online game?
    Can someone answer that i've got FM 2006 and havnt tried but i reckon it would be fun.
    ----------------
    < D.A.V.I.D >
    ----------------

  10. #40
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Quote Originally Posted by bugssy
    i have the game and its quality had it about 5 days brilliant
    Where did you get it??

    I pre-ordered it and still have no phonecall to come get it...

  11. #41
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo
    Ah, I see what he means now. It must take a lot of testing to reach a sort of equilibrium where each player is rated on a similar scale.
    Have you looked at Zlatan Ibrahimovic's stats? If the person who frated them isn't Swedish or a Juventus fan or both then Eric Cantona is the cleanist man in football (we all remember his kung-fu kick on that Palace fan).

  12. #42
    International Vice-Captain Jungle Jumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,898
    Quote Originally Posted by kears_falcon_9
    Can someone answer that i've got FM 2006 and havnt tried but i reckon it would be fun.
    I've tried to set one up before, but it failed. Just follow the instructions in the manual.

  13. #43
    Cricketer Of The Year bugssy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    8,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Blewy
    Where did you get it??

    I pre-ordered it and still have no phonecall to come get it...
    its still not out till nov 15th out here mate but i bit torrented it as i am waiting for my order also

  14. #44
    Cricketer Of The Year Blewy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Your house
    Posts
    9,964
    Quote Originally Posted by bugssy
    its still not out till nov 15th out here mate but i bit torrented it as i am waiting for my order also
    oh ok, i was gonna get on the phone to EB and ask what was going on...

  15. #45
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,876
    Quote Originally Posted by bugssy
    its still not out till nov 15th out here mate but i bit torrented it as i am waiting for my order also
    You know full well the rules about piracy. Warning.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Cricket Life 2007 Announced
    By James in forum General
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 25-04-2008, 06:03 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21-03-2007, 03:25 PM
  3. BLIC 2007 Interview with Codemasters
    By James in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 06:32 AM
  4. Australia’s preparation for the 2007 World Cup
    By Western Warrior in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 23-01-2006, 01:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •