• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fm 2007

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
pinchy81 said:
thanks mate think you can get any other versions like strawberry?

EDIT: Cannot open file: it does not appear to be vaild archive

helps if i add the correct file. filefront is down once it comes up i will get ya the link.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Pre-ordered my copy from EB today... They say the release date is November 30...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It usually tends to come out about the first week in November over here - quite handy as my birthday's then and it gives my brother an easy present each year!

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Demo is really good. Scouting system is much better - it used to just be a case of sending scouts out and having a look at anyone who is any good, now you have to be more careful.

Feeder clubs are interesting, not sure how much they'll affect the game though.

Apparently you can also get contentious decisions from the refs, and if you voice your anger you can be given a touchline ban and have to leave things to your assistant.

The best thing about the FM/CM manager series is the way that each year is a gradual improvement. Basically the only massive change that has ever happened has been the 2D pitch. Rather than concentrate on fancy graphics, the developers add something interesting and useful every year. Top stuff - just wish SI would take up cricket in the same form as FM.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have got the new one as the one I did have was quite a bit out of date. It is an improvment, as mentioned the scouting is better. Not a huge change but then that is never to be expected.

Craig

World Traveller
The only big change really was from CM03/04 to FM 05 when it changed hands in who makes the game.

I am impressed with all the efforts they put in to develop all the player's stats and the transfer's etc. Although how do you judge if somebody has an pace 18 to a pace of 20? Or a Communication of 18 to 15 (for goal keepers) for example?

Jungle Jumbo

Craig said:
The only big change really was from CM03/04 to FM 05 when it changed hands in who makes the game.

I am impressed with all the efforts they put in to develop all the player's stats and the transfer's etc. Although how do you judge if somebody has an pace 18 to a pace of 20? Or a Communication of 18 to 15 (for goal keepers) for example?
Not quite sure what you mean? The higher stat is better, but you have to take into account the players age and the other similar skills (acceleration and stamina for pace, for example)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Individual scouts for most clubs (sometimes 2 or 3) - they go to lots of games, and compare all the players for the stats and send them to SI.

SI then have to look at some sort of unification I assume.

It does occasionally escape through the net, To Madeira for example.

Jungle Jumbo

marc71178 said:
Individual scouts for most clubs (sometimes 2 or 3) - they go to lots of games, and compare all the players for the stats and send them to SI.

Ah, I see what he means now. It must take a lot of testing to reach a sort of equilibrium where each player is rated on a similar scale.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:

Wouldn't these guy's be voluneenter's (sic) though (ie through a newspaper ad)?

Jungle Jumbo

Craig said:
Wouldn't these guy's be voluneenter's (sic) though (ie through a newspaper ad)?
I would have thought they are probably local journalists or just people well connected with a good knowledge of football in their country. If you have a look at the back of the manual, it lists the researchers - there are quite a lot.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
bugssy said:
i have the game and its quality had it about 5 days brilliant
Where did you get it??

I pre-ordered it and still have no phonecall to come get it...