• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

West Coast Eagles

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
very lucky, about 4 or 5 vital decisions or interpretations went against Sydney.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
mikeW said:
very lucky, about 4 or 5 vital decisions or interpretations went against Sydney.
I have no idea what you're talking about, there was nothing wrong with the umpiring yesterday, and I'm normally red hot on them.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
mikeW said:
Yeah look, coming from me I'll probably just get called biased but I really didn't think there was anything wrong with the umpiring, and I certainly don't think either team ended up with more favourable decisions than the other. You just look like a poor loser for saying WC was 'lucky'.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I had some guy try to tell me today that the Swans were the better team for the whole game and were robbed :|
Haha, my! The things people can drag out of their rectums. The first half was allllll Eagles, and the fourth quarter was pretty much dead even. The Swans were great for the second half, but only superior for the third quarter.

mikeW

benchmark00 said:
I have no idea what you're talking about, there was nothing wrong with the umpiring yesterday, and I'm normally red hot on them.
1. Itshouldn't holding the ball against Kennelly.
2. when Hall got a free kick in the 3rd quarter and they didnt play advantage when O'Loughlin kicked the goal.
3. When Hall marked it in the 2nd quarter on 50 near the boundary line. And he either played on or Glass went over the mark. Should've been 50 metres or the a goal because Hall actually kicked the goal.
There were 3 or 4 others i can't remember at this point in time as well.

mikeW

Mr Casson said:
Yeah look, coming from me I'll probably just get called biased but I really didn't think there was anything wrong with the umpiring, and I certainly don't think either team ended up with more favourable decisions than the other. You just look like a poor loser for saying WC was 'lucky'.
I support Essendon if you'd notice my avatar :-O

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
mikeW said:
2. when Hall got a free kick in the 3rd quarter and they didnt play advantage when O'Loughlin kicked the goal.
3. When Hall marked it in the 2nd quarter on 50 near the boundary line. And he either played on or Glass went over the mark. Should've been 50 metres or the a goal because Hall actually kicked the goal.
3. Was that the one where Hall kicked before it was called play on?

mikeW

Mr Casson said:
3. Was that the one where Hall kicked before it was called play on?
What that makes no sense?

The player with the ball is allowed to play on whenever he wants to. It was either a 50 metre penalty or play on in which Hall goaled.

benchmark00

mikeW said:

1) Learn the rules, when you get tackled and put the ball on the ground without correct disposal it's holding the ball, has been all year.
2) Everyone had stopped, can't pay advantage when that happens, has to be in the play
3) Hall missed the goal, watch it again, should have been play on, not 50m.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the umpiring, I'm guessing you were going for Sydney?

mikeW

Mr Casson said:
:-O

I never called you a Sydney supporter.
you called me a poor loser. When i really wasn't supporting either team and all i wanted was a game with no umpiring mistakes and obviously a close game which is what happened.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
mikeW said:
you called me a poor loser. When i really wasn't supporting either team and all i wanted was a game with no umpiring mistakes and obviously a close game which is what happened.
You obviously weren't going for the Eagles, so you were going for Sydney, and now you're bemoaning that they lost by blaming the umpires. Poor loser IMO.

mikeW

benchmark00 said:
1) Learn the rules, when you get tackled and put the ball on the ground without correct disposal it's holding the ball, has been all year.
2) Everyone had stopped, can't pay advantage when that happens, has to be in the play
3) Hall missed the goal, watch it again, should have been play on, not 50m.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the umpiring, I'm guessing you were going for Sydney?
1) Kennelly did not put the ball on the ground at all he fumbled it.
2) No they hadnt play was continuos.
3)Are you sure?

mikeW

Mr Casson said:
You obviously weren't going for the Eagles, so you were going for Sydney, and now you're bemoaning that they lost by blaming the umpires. Poor loser IMO.
Like i said i wasnt supporting either team. I dislike both of them.

benchmark00

mikeW said:
1) Kennelly did not put the ball on the ground at all he fumbled it.
2) No they hadnt play was continuos.
3)Are you sure?
He got tackled whilst having prior opportunity, he didnt hand pass or kick it... it's holding the ball, simple as that.

The play wasn't continuous at all.

And yes, yes I am.

mikeW

benchmark00 said:
He got tackled whilst having prior opportunity, he didnt hand pass or kick it... it's holding the ball, simple as that.

The play wasn't continuous at all.

And yes, yes I am.
he got tackled for half a second, when he had already lost control of the ball. The other 2 points we'll have to disagree on.

benchmark00

mikeW said:
he got tackled for half a second, when he had already lost control of the ball. The other 2 points we'll have to disagree on.
It doesn't matter how long the tackle goes for, he had the ball when he was tackled, he tried to take on Cousins, lost the ball (without handballing or kicking), you have to get rid of it properly, not just 'lose' it.

mikeW

benchmark00 said:
It doesn't matter how long the tackle goes for, he had the ball when he was tackled, he tried to take on Cousins, lost the ball (without handballing or kicking), you have to get rid of it properly, not just 'lose' it.
Its not touch footy.