• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2006 Super Cheap Auto Bathurst 1000

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
I have been a Holden and Peter Brock fan ever since I was born and contiune to be one to this very day. Bathurst holds great memories for me and watching the race is a long-held tradition in my family. I will be watching it with my cousin who is an avid Ford and Craig Lowndes fan this year, which should be very interesting.

I have also just finished watching my tape of today's events and feel sickened to the stomach. Here's hoping both drivers are okay with no serious injuries or after-effects.

On Sunday. I truly hope Holden takes. I would love Team Red (Skaife and Tander rule!!) or the Kelly Boys to win, but as long as there is a Lion on the front of the car, I don't care who it is. I think it would be fitting if the Lion roars on the Mountain as a more than fitting tribute to the King Of The Mountain and one of the sport's true legends if there is a Holden team as the first names on "The Peter Brock Trophy."

As long as Lowndes doesn't come anywhere in the top 10, I'll be wearing a huge grin and will be a few dollars heavier in my wallet too!! The sledging will begin with my cousin and all will be truly wonderful in my world:D

GO TEAM RED!!

HOLDEN RULES!!:goof:

Last edited:

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I must say it could have been much worse... The last car in was going straight for the stranded car, but the driver put it sideways so they hit parrallel to each other..
Had he hit the stranded car front on it would have meant almost certain death for the driver of the stranded car..

Horrific start to the weekend...

Skaifey and Tander are looking super.. Hopefully the dont have any of the mechanical problems which have plauged them through the season, if they have a clean run its hard to see anyone getting close..

Glad to see Brighty up there.. He's a personal friend of the family and even though he is in a ford, if he was to win i would be happy...

But this weekend is all about Brocky.. The King will finally be laid to rest after this weekend, The tributes will be fitting to the legend he is...

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
i am ruined, skaife gone in the first half lap. know who do i support other than holden.........maybe Greg Murphey

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be nice to see the Kelly brothers win but I'm still gunning for Murphy. Real shame the two Holden Racing Team cars crashed out. If a Ford car wins I'll be gutted.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Shocking day for HRT, both cars out early, lots of safety car periods in the first half - hopefull the top 5 will go through to the finish and we will get some good racing this arvo.

Natman20

International Debutant
Race going well. Hopefully a Holden will win. IMO Murphy won't be able to win. Hes complained about his cars speed and thats why hes leaving this team at the end of the year to Tasman motorsport. Would be magical if he did win somehow though.

Craig

World Traveller
Matteh said:
Wow, still going. I remember him in the British Touring Car Championship back around '95.
They usually tend to have long careers here, I mean some driver's are driving with their old man now or have have at some point in their careers.

It is Ford's Glenn Seaton's 23rd visit to the Mountain.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
LOWNDESY & WHINCUP YOU BLOODY LEGENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup1:

FORD: 2006 BATHURST CHAMPIONS!!! :clapping:

Waited 8 long years for this day, and finally it's come!!! and who better a driver to do it than Brocky's protege (sp?)

Could hardly contain my excitement on the first trip up mountain straight as Bright hauled ***, and Skaife found himself into the wall. Alas the excitement didn't last long as Bright's engine failed only 10-15 laps later.

Seeing murph crash out also fulled my heart with joy, especially after his conduct last year :censored:.

It was a fantastic effort from Lowndes & Whincup, and the Kelly Brothers to maintain such a fantastic pace (when the safety car wasn't out that is) during the entire 161 laps, and for Lowndes to set a new lap record in the final 5 laps was simply outstanding. He is quite simply 1 of, if not, the best race car driver i have ever seen (he and brock are a cut above IMO). Whincup was sensational as well, the fact that he outdrove Todd IMO in his last stint shows just how far his driving has come along this year, well done mate!!!

A great drive from Courtney & Seto as well, especially considering it was just the 2nd time James has ever been to bathurst, & Seton's 2nd drive in a V8 all year, their performance was outstanding, and the sentinmental part of my was wishing for Lowndes & Kelly to stuff up, thus handing the win to a guy who IMO deserves a race win more than any others without 1.

The only dissappointing part of the whole 161 laps was the high attrittion rate, and the fact that there was only 31 cars on the grid.

All in all, a great win for FORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :):) :cool:

p.s. Sad news taht just after the race Mark Porter died as a result of the injuries sustained in his horrific crash with David Clark :(