• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW XI - Football

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
A couple of us are looking into the possibility of starting up a CW XI for football providing there is interest...

It will be run pretty much the same as CW XI cricket, with a domestic competition and the national team taking other nations in friendlies and international tournaments..

What would the reaction to something like this be??

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We've seen how well it can work with the XI; we've also seen how it can fail to work with numerous FM games. Which sims/etc would you use?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
We've seen how well it can work with the XI; we've also seen how it can fail to work with numerous FM games. Which sims/etc would you use?
Well i have been told by a couple of people that ESMS or ESMS+ are the best out there..

As for the failing problem i think that is more due to the people running it losing interest...
I feel if i got a group of people dedicated to helping run it, like CW XI then it would work well

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
If anyone has any suggestions or ideas that we could implement into this we'd love to hear them as well....

Things like what confederation we join etc

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
new country
lets start with 2 teams...and see how far we go.
since CW land is said to be next to Australia, Australasia?(sp?) or Asia...(the ozzieway)

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Allow players to pick 5 qualities they think they are best at, so that the assigning of skills isn't completely random.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
count me in mate sound slike good fun, i would also be happy to help out with any thing needed in the day to day running.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I think we should stick with the CW Land model used in CWXI and build the domestic league around that, using town names from it etc, as most player from CW Cricket will no doubt play CW Football anyway.

A thing to think about is how many teams there is, promotion and relegation possibilities and overseas players. All much harder to run than the cricket sim, and you'd need a few more people running things than just the main two in CW Cricket.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
dontcloseyoureyes said:
I think we should stick with the CW Land model used in CWXI and build the domestic league around that, using town names from it etc, as most player from CW Cricket will no doubt play CW Football anyway.

A thing to think about is how many teams there is, promotion and relegation possibilities and overseas players. All much harder to run than the cricket sim, and you'd need a few more people running things than just the main two in CW Cricket.

very happy and keen to help run it , set it up etc

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Kweek said:
new country
lets start with 2 teams...and see how far we go.
since CW land is said to be next to Australia, Australasia?(sp?) or Asia...(the ozzieway)
Yeah, Asia. Oceania is currently a fairly ridiculous place to go for international football.

I think if you want a decent domestic structure, with club competitions and whatnot, you'd need at least 4 teams tho. (Oh, and don't use colours. The CWBCC patented those and it's a poor idea anyway :p ) Smith's idea on cities is pretty good, not sure whether we'd want over-the-hill Brazilians playing with us tho... ;)

Also ESMS is good but pretty dull in terms of output, so I think you'd want to employ someone to write stuff about the simmed games.

It's a good idea, count me in! :)