• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW XI - Football

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok, well the interest seems very good...

Anyone willing to help, whether it be simming, writing reports etc.. can you contact me via email..

HSVgoffy
at
gmail
dot
com

or chat to me on MSN goffyb@hotmail.com

I think the plan will be to get everything together to kick off around the time of CW Cricket's off season...

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Will do it, wil help as well if you need me to.

I reckon we should have more than 5 teams like in Dev league, maybe more llike 7 or 8...

Dibs being a team captain

Cloete

International Captain
Yeah look I'll keep looking into it Brendan but atm ESMS+ looks the goer. I'll have a crack with ESMS thoguh as there's a pace attribute as well as wing play.

The only problem I'm seeing is the lack of attributes, once you get good in one you've basically got it made as a good Defender, Midfielder or Striker. Also we'd rely fairly heavily on "Dev League" captains with tactics as it's a fairly major part of the game.

I'll keep looking though. The other problem is ESMS takes quite a bit of updating so a game every 2-3 days is probably more likely. Also it depends on how many simmers there are and that could be bad, we're probably better off going with one for an extended period of tiem. It's highly likely for a newer simmer to screw up because it's a fairly stringent simming procedure. But the advantage of that is that it has a large output of stats files and stuff which is always good. We might have to run a site though but there's a java version of ESMS which can also act to output .xml or .html (I think) files fairly easily but there's alot of stuff that people need to see before every round, hence 2 sims a week seems the best idea.

It's a fairly attainable proposition though and it could definitely work. As suggested, we'd basically be in CWLand but maybe we start off in Oceania because the aim is that we suck alot originally if we use ESMS in order to avoid problems of people getting too good too soon. As once that happens they'll just monster it. Maybe we can progress into Asia and then into Europe for no apparent reason. That way we can get Champions League and UEFA Cup fixtures depending on the number of teams we have, but that's a fairly long way off atm. Currently we'd need atleast 5-6 teams to get a domestic league going well though.

Anyway we'll keep you guys informed :)

Dravid

International Captain
I'm in and would love to help out too. Contact me on my msn, I would love to contribute.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Im very interested, i would be happy to help, maybe not the simming side of things, but the logistics.

I think to start of with the best models would be the J-League, A-League or MSL models. Start of with a small league of 8 to 12 and build from there, 4 teams is too small. I think you are going to have to get players from overseas to fill the leagues with players. But if we are moving into Asia, there is the option of average Asians instead of over the hill Brazils. These guys could be just below the standard of CW players, so they don't dominant the teams.

Its a great idea and i might think about some more options and give you a buss Blewy.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im not in favour of filling teams with Overseas players...

Maybe we could offer something along the lines of the A League and have a pool of International players (Not quality ones but average players) and allow teams to pick 1 or 2 to go into their squad...

I think we have to start out small, starting out to big is always going to find problems whereas starting out small will allow us to get used to the workload etc and then gradually increase things as it demands it...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Im going to have a look at Soccer-Sim Version 4...

I think Quickfire(old member) created it or was involved in its creation... It looks good and could be another option as a sim...