• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Dravid

International Captain
The NBA 06-07 season, which is about to start in just over a month so I thought I would be the first to make this thread.

Full Schedule can be found here

http://www.nba.com/schedules/

Well for those who don't know I'm a Detroit Pistons fan and I'm really starting to hate Ben Wallace for turning his back on the Pistons after so many years just for $2 Million more. I hope he plays like crap at the Bulls now and wished he never left the Pistons.

Anyone want to take a pick on who will win the Photo of the Year award 2006? I think its going to be D wades no look vs Nates jump over spud in the final and nates going to win it.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
hello my names Pinchy and im a Timberwolves fan i'd like to know who the Timberwolves got this season

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
Award Predictions 2006/7

MVP-Elton Brand
DPOY-Andrei Kirilenko
6th Man-Leandro Barbosa
ROY- Randy Foye

and for the photo of the year this year is the block by ben wallace

Fusion

Global Moderator
Hey I'm still not over the painful memories of last year's Finals. This is too soon! I haven't left theraphy yet and Wade still haunts my dreams! :ph34r:

Dravid

International Captain
Just think about the USA lost over Greece. No matter how good Wade was he couldn't win them this championship.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Hey I'm still not over the painful memories of last year's Finals. This is too soon! I haven't left theraphy yet and Wade still haunts my dreams! :ph34r:
don't worry, it's very unlikely that the heat will defend, also the pistons without big ben have a big hole that they can't fill at least this year, the rest of the east don't look like title contenders to me(the bulls or the cavs might make deep runs in the playoffs but they aren't ready to make a play for the title with their current teams...)....looks like some one from the west will win this time, my pick is between the spurs, mavs and the suns(unlikely but if amare returns to full form, you cannot completely discount their chances...)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm actually going to a game after my stint in the Caribbean for the Cricket World Cup. I'm going to see Dallas host Milwaulkee, March 28. I don't really follow a team, but Bogut is an Aussie so I'll follow his side. Will try to pay more attention to the NBA this year.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dravid said:
Well for those who don't know I'm a Detroit Pistons fan and I'm really starting to hate Ben Wallace for turning his back on the Pistons after so many years just for $2 Million more. I hope he plays like crap at the Bulls now and wished he never left the Pistons.
Bitter and childish. He served the Pistons well.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Mister Wright said:
I'm actually going to a game after my stint in the Caribbean for the Cricket World Cup. I'm going to see Dallas host Milwaulkee, March 28. I don't really follow a team, but Bogut is an Aussie so I'll follow his side. Will try to pay more attention to the NBA this year.
You're in for a good time. The Mavs play at the American Airline Center, which is one of the best arenas in the country. Besides the entertainment of watching the game, the Mavs organization puts on a good show during breaks and halftime. I know plenty of people that go and have a good time, even though they don't really follow the game.

Johnners

Carn the Cav's!!! LBJ:king: for MVP this year... the man's a unit!!! If both he & Larry Hughes (i don't think he wasn't traded) stay fit... and Hughes pulls his finger out and gets some consistency happenin they'll take them along way!!!

Apart from that, Go the Bucks just cause Bogut's playing for them :)

Mister Wright

Fusion said:
You're in for a good time. The Mavs play at the American Airline Center, which is one of the best arenas in the country. Besides the entertainment of watching the game, the Mavs organization puts on a good show during breaks and halftime. I know plenty of people that go and have a good time, even though they don't really follow the game.
I hope so. I'm not a huge fan of NBA basketball, I prefer the home grown product, but I'm going just for the occasion more than anything.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Anil said:
my pick is between the spurs, mavs and the suns(unlikely but if amare returns to full form, you cannot completely discount their chances...)
You picked entire western conference.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
You picked entire western conference.
no there are 15 teams in the west and i only picked 3...and the only perennial favourite i picked is san antonio...having said that the clippers are the dark horses of the west, i think they are poised to make an even bigger impact than they did last year....

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Dravid said:
http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/roster/

This is their roster at the moment. KG is staying with the Timberwolves after all the rumors of him being traded to Celtics or other teams.
thanks mate disappointed to see them lose Sprewell and Cassell lets hope they can fill those voids and go far this season but my hot tip for the Champs is the Nuggets

Dravid

International Captain
Fusion said:
MSG is the best without any doubt...even though the Knicks suck

Dravid

International Captain
I think the Rockets will get somewhere in the Playoff this year. They would've been in the playoff last year if it wasn't for T-Macs injury. Hornets should do better this season too having Chris Paul and Peja in their team now