• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Dravid

International Captain
Update on Iversons situation. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...LYF?slug=aw-iverson120806&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

It seems Dallas and Boston are interested in getting Iverson. I read this on another forum, that Iverson wants to end up in a big city like Phily, i.e. LA, Boston, NY, Chicago.

There's also a rumor going around that he could end up in LA, but for the Clippers. It was mentioned that Lakers chances are slim because problems would most likely be created between Kobe and AI if they end up playing together.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
SOMEONE please shoot twolves owner the guy is utterly stupid, i jus hate it when owners and managers are ****y like that

KG couldnt control his emotions when asked in an interview on his desire to play with iverson

kg has been on the trade block for the last year, if twovles want to keep KG in minni, they better do waht ever they can to get iverson
if the owner doenst show interest in iverson, KG will really see no point in staying in minnesota and he will soon enough demand a trade, or just play below par

iverson himself wants to play in minnesota

also the twolves owner talked about how it wouldnt work money wise... GIVE ME A BREAK the nba has a salary cap and the way trades work, usually moeny wise it evens out, iverson and kg combo will sell tickets, JERSEYS, virtually gaurantee a spot in the playoffs to increase revenue, TNT woudl want to show minnesota games
i mean the reasoning behind his logic doenst make any sense

KG and IVerson are both my fav players, to see them play together is almost like a dream

and dont tell me it wont work out, cuz it will, they both nearing the end of thier careers, both want to win badly, and iverson will do anything to win that championship, he plays harder then anyone on the court despite his off the court antics

Dravid

International Captain
I agree with you mohammad. KG21 REALLY R.E.A.L.L.Y wants to play with Iverson. But due to Iversons huge contract, Timberwolves are going to have to get rid of 3 or 4 players so they can have room for Iversons contract. That means most likely Rookie and future all star Randy Foye along with Ricky Davis and another player or two will be traded. In my opinion trading Foye isn't the right move, looking at the potential the guy has, but it's near impossible to get Iverson if you don't trade Foye. So the the trade is a confusing one.

I read in another report KG demanded the TWolves to reconsider the option of bringing in Iverson. He said he wants an attempt atleast. This could mean bad news for TWolves if they don't acquire Iverson because we know what KG means when he demanded something from the TWolves.

If Iverson goes to TWolves, they would be in the top 3 teams of the Conf and top 5 of the league, and also my new second favorite team in the league.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
YES!!!!!!!!! thanks man and i didnt know they were ranked 24th in the leauge in attendence, thats even more incentive

plus, im sure iverson would have something to say bout the salary, maybe he will bargain with the twovles, cuz iverson really wants to go there and win a championship, i think iverson will be willing to give up some moeny in the process

but i dont know how that would work exactly since its a contract signed already

although we have seen alot of great players giving up big contract just to get a chance to win a ring

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Apparently you werent aware of the stats that LeBron led the league in and1's last season. That's saying a lot about how good he is at takng the ball to the rack. And if you watched majorty of his games, it's impossible to stop the man inside.
again he is a forward, he is bigger, stronger than kobe, you can't really compare the inside presence of a forward and a guard is what i was trying to say....even so, kobe has been pretty good to spectacular around the rim throughout his career so your lebron infinitely greater than kobe there comparison isn't really true is what i wanted to add to that....

Fusion

Global Moderator
Anil said:
kobe bryant is a very underrated defender and certainly much better than lebron james right now...lebron is still not very comfortable on defense although he is getting better....lebron is a better rebounder than kobe, that's really the only area where he would lead kobe right now....as for shooting, kobe is miles ahead, as for taking it to the rack, lebron is a forward while bryant is a guard so obviously he will go to the low post more often but even so your evaluation, LeBron >>>>>>>> Kobe is no way near true, bryant has been brilliant to spectacular around the basket throughout his career and he is obviously a much better free-throw shooter....

as for playmaker, i was specifically referring to pure player skills rather than the whole making the team better thing....in any case, a lot about lebron is hype right now, reminds me of the way tendulkar was hyped by fanatics in his initial years when he came on the scene in india...
What a great post. Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Dravid

International Captain
I never disagreed with you on that Kobe isn't great around the rim.

I still stand by my views and believe LeBron is a better player than Kobe.

Anyway more on the Iverson issue. This trade is really heating up.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2693389

The source indicated the Minnesota Timberwolves were not seriously in the running, and the attention being paid to Denver and Boston was being overblown
I believe if Minn are going to make a trade, then it would be a good idea to give off their first round pick instead of Randy Foye. The upcoming class is one of the strongest ever and the soon to be rookie, Greg Oden, is believed to be the new shaq. I'm not sure what the offer was that TWolves offered them but if they can manage a trade without Randy Foye, it will be good for both teams, because TWolves won't end up with a high pick if they get Iverson, and Philly is going to end up with a high pick and another first round pick in a really strong draft class.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
I never disagreed with you on that Kobe isn't great around the rim.

I still stand by my views and believe LeBron is a better player than Kobe.

Anyway more on the Iverson issue. This trade is really heating up.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2693389

I believe if Minn are going to make a trade, then it would be a good idea to give off their first round pick instead of Randy Foye. The upcoming class is one of the strongest ever and the soon to be rookie, Greg Oden, is believed to be the new shaq. I'm not sure what the offer was that TWolves offered them but if they can manage a trade without Randy Foye, it will be good for both teams, because TWolves won't end up with a high pick if they get Iverson, and Philly is going to end up with a high pick and another first round pick in a really strong draft class.
they have to give up foye alteast to get iverson, but its seems likely the trade will go through, boston seems to be offering a little more

but i really do hope he goes to minni

Dravid

International Captain
I know it's going to be tough for Minn to pull this trade of without giving up Foye but then the TWolves will end up with nothing but Garnett and Iverson. It's just going to be another Lakers team with two good players and the rest of the starters are crap.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
I know it's going to be tough for Minn to pull this trade of without giving up Foye but then the TWolves will end up with nothing but Garnett and Iverson. It's just going to be another Lakers team with two good players and the rest of the starters are crap.
they can still win championship lol
plus im sure that some good role players would want to come to minnesota before the trade deadline

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
they can still win championship lol
plus im sure that some good role players would want to come to minnesota before the trade deadline
Nah Detroit are going to win the Championship. We are still in the top 5 teams of the league, even without Big Ben.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
Nah Detroit are going to win the Championship. We are still in the top 5 teams of the league, even without Big Ben.

i can guarantee u that detroit is not winning the championship, there is noway

even if they had big ben, they would only be one of the favs and other teams have gotten better since detroit actually won the championship

i dont seem them winning at all this yaer, theyll probably get knocked out by cleveland

Dravid

International Captain
Just because we had a bad playoff last season doesn't mean it's going to be like that this year too. If you watched Detroit play, it was nothing like how they normally play. I don't know what but something happen to them during the playoffs. Cleveland still mostly run around LeBron because Larry can't keep him self 100% fit all time and usually ends up sitting in the bleachers with his suit on.

During last years regular season, Detroit were 3-1 against Miami, and that was with Shaq and Wade fully fit. If you watch those four games, and then the playoff series, it will seem as if the Pistons weren't even the same team. As long as they play their normal game this post season, it will really tough for anyone to stop them.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I haven't seen Detroit play this season. Are they playing defence yet? It seemed like early on they were trying to outscore opponents... Not a good idea considering how bad a shooting team they are.