Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread: Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

the spurs withstand a 4th qtr rally by the cavs and make it 2-0, the big 3 come up big again as the scene shifts to cleveland...

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    the spurs withstand a 4th qtr rally by the cavs and make it 2-0, the big 3 come up big again as the scene shifts to cleveland...
    The Rally was because most Spurs starters didn't start the fourth quarter, even after Cleveland getting 10 points in a row (and the lead reduced to 19 from 29) Only Duncan and Bowen were on the court. For those 4 minutes Spurs were playing like cavaliers, ater Parker, Ginobli, Duncan etc were on the court, the order was restored.

Anyway I am not surprised the sloppy play by Cleveland, No one should be if they saw them again NJ and Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    The Rally was because most Spurs starters didn't start the fourth quarter, even after Cleveland getting 10 points in a row (and the lead reduced to 19 from 29) Only Duncan and Bowen were on the court. For those 4 minutes Spurs were playing like cavaliers, ater Parker, Ginobli, Duncan etc were on the court, the order was restored.

Anyway I am not surprised the sloppy play by Cleveland, No one should be if they saw them again NJ and Detroit.
    yeah i know...not saying the spurs were in danger of losing at any point....young gibson is a spark of talent there though, outside of james, there is not a whole lot of that to speak of....

Gibson is definately a good talent but I disagree on Lebron, He isn't lighting fire with his performance , despite playing some of the weakest teams, he was ordinary in playoffs except for one or two games and these finals are no different.

Yes, the Spurs defence is tough, but you dont become Heir Jordan by playing like that. They said he is more like Magic than Jordan, because of his superior passing skills and I was like..yeah right !! This is the worst Finals I have watched, worse than Sixers/Lakers.

And I can understand his issues on Offense, but how does one explain missed free throws, 12 turnovers, poor rebounding, poor assists and all that.

And the Nike Lebron Commercials should not be aired, it looked like it was mocking him.

And the Nike Lebron Commercials should not be aired, it looked like it was mocking him.
    Bad timing on the commercials for sure. But they have to air them sometime I suppose. Better now when the Cavs are down 0-2, then later when they're down 0-3.

Gibson is definately a good talent but I disagree on Lebron, He isn't lighting fire with his performance , despite playing some of the weakest teams, he was ordinary in playoffs except for one or two games and these finals are no different.

Yes, the Spurs defence is tough, but you dont become Heir Jordan by playing like that. They said he is more like Magic than Jordan, because of his superior passing skills and I was like..yeah right !! This is the worst Finals I have watched, worse than Sixers/Lakers.

And I can understand his issues on Offense, but how does one explain missed free throws, 12 turnovers, poor rebounding, poor assists and all that.

james is an exceptional talent, but i do agree that the comparisons to jordan and magic and all the hype are just stupid at this point....the guy is only 22, he still has time to grow in stature though....

lebron was clearly fouled by bowen on the final shot(a looong fadeaway 3-pt attempt) and wasn't called, the cavs fans will probably bitch about that for a long time...anyway, the spurs take a commanding 3-0 lead...

Spurs complete the sweep! Congrats to the Champs! I have to say this was one of the most boring Finals I've seen. However, whether you like or hate them, you have to admire the Spurs. They know how to win. 4 titles in 9 years. To me, that's a dynasty. Being in Dallas, for the next year I'm going to get nothing but abuse from transplanted Spurs fans living here. Really looking forward to that.

quite dissappointed the Cavs couldn't even manage a game, but then in reality it's no surprise either. I guess the pressure got to Lebron (and the Spurs awesome defence), his fielding goal shooting was dire, and the results showed it, no James, no Cavs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Cavaliers were pathetic, SA defence was poor too, at least in last two game. Spurs repeatedly left Cavaliers open but the cavs couldn't hit those 15-20 footers. Spurs didn't even look like they won the championship, it was like they won the first game of the season.

Only good thing of the series Eva Longoria jumping on to Tony Parker after game 4.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    The draft was run today.

Milwaukee get a good pick in Yi Jianlian.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

State Vice-Captain Right arm fast's Avatar
    i watched the draft at home i have to say it was very interesting. boston look to be far better with the ray allen trade and i think portland will be a contender for the playoffs next season
    CW Red

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1656646566

Thread Information