• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
West:
-Yao Ming
-Kevin Garnett
-Carmello Anthony
-Tracy McGrady
-Baron Davis

East:
-Andrew Bogut
-LeBron James
-Chris Bosh
-Dwayne Wade
-Allen Iverson

Dravid

International Captain
Clapo said:
West:
-Yao Ming
-Kevin Garnett
-Carmello Anthony
-Tracy McGrady
-Baron Davis

East:
-Andrew Bogut
-LeBron James
-Chris Bosh
-Dwayne Wade
-Allen Iverson
No Kobe!?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clapo said:
West:
-Yao Ming
-Kevin Garnett
-Carmello Anthony
-Tracy McGrady
-Baron Davis

East:
-Andrew Bogut
-LeBron James
-Chris Bosh
-Dwayne Wade
-Allen Iverson
Not sure if Bogut will be a starter for East. He hasn't started the season all that well.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
I just found this on another forum....this is what you call pathetic. One of the smalled players in the league, little nate, blocks a giant like Yao Ming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqlaN31OzDs
Haha I saw that on ESPN. How embarrassing. Reminds me of the billion times Shawn Bradley would get blocked by people 2 feet shorter than him. I would have tears in my eyes...both from laughter and sadness.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Haha I saw that on ESPN. How embarrassing. Reminds me of the billion times Shawn Bradley would get blocked by people 2 feet shorter than him. I would have tears in my eyes...both from laughter and sadness.
on another note...you must be happy with the mav's resurgence, 6 straight games...:) dirk is pulling them out of the 0-4 hole they dug themselves into...

Fusion

Global Moderator
Anil said:
on another note...you must be happy with the mav's resurgence, 6 straight games...:) dirk is pulling them out of the 0-4 hole they dug themselves into...
Yeah but I'm a bit skeptical. None of the wins have been against clubs with a winning record. The next few games will tell me a lot more. We have a tough back to back schedule followed by a road game to San Antonio. If we have shaken off this early season rust, then we need to win 2 of the next 3 (specially against the Spurs).

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Yeah but I'm a bit skeptical. None of the wins have been against clubs with a winning record. The next few games will tell me a lot more. We have a tough back to back schedule followed by a road game to San Antonio. If we have shaken off this early season rust, then we need to win 2 of the next 3 (specially against the Spurs).
yeah it's early season yet and a lot of things can change....the spurs and the jazz are kicking some serious ass though....the way they are playing, if kirilenko, okur and boozer stay healthy, i think the jazz could be serious contenders for the title...

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well now we're talking. My Mavs may have shaken off that early season rust after all. They beat the Spurs last night and now have a 8 game win streak.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Well now we're talking. My Mavs may have shaken off that early season rust after all. They beat the Spurs last night and now have a 8 game win streak.
yeah i saw that game, the way they started off, it looked like developing into a rout, the spurs then came back in typical workmanlike fashion and kept it tight all the way in the second half...this is the best rivalry in the nba right now....

Fusion

Global Moderator
Anil said:
yeah i saw that game, the way they started off, it looked like developing into a rout, the spurs then came back in typical workmanlike fashion and kept it tight all the way in the second half...this is the best rivalry in the nba right now....
I agree. I'm probably biased, but the Mavs/Spurs playoff series last year was IMO one of the greatest playoff series of all time.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
I agree. I'm probably biased, but the Mavs/Spurs playoff series last year was IMO one of the greatest playoff series of all time.
duncan himself said it was the best series he had played in even though his team lost so there was no bias there...and the heightened intensity is showing even in these regular season games...did you see duncan's reaction when he put one in off the glass to draw the spurs level in the third quarter? it was almost playoff level aggro and intensity....:)