• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Dravid

International Captain
I'm tired of hearing the media complain over and over again that LeBron didn't get the call on the last play. No one is looking at the rest of the game, when there were tons of calls that went against the pistons, and NO ONE is mentioning the wide open shot larry hughes missed from 10 feet away. Instead of crying at the officials, mike brown should have done something about hughes missing that wide open shot

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I'm tired of hearing the media complain over and over again that LeBron didn't get the call on the last play. No one is looking at the rest of the game, when there were tons of calls that went against the pistons, and NO ONE is mentioning the wide open shot larry hughes missed from 10 feet away. Instead of crying at the officials, mike brown should have done something about hughes missing that wide open shot
as far as this series goes, there is really no point in debating who gets the calls and who doesn't...the pistons are a much superior team and barring any major mishaps(injurie(s) or suspension(s) to key players) should win this, apart from james, there is a serious lack of class in this cavs team....i would say they were lucky they faced a significantly undermanned wizards and then a lethargic nets on their journey to the east finals...i think the bulls would most likely have beaten them....

the way the first two games have gone though:puke: , they have been such stark contrast to the west finals...it is such fun watching good defense and attractive offense in the same game....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
series on in the west! boozer and williams light it up in a blowout! they need to win the next one as well though and i can't see the spurs going down as tamely a second straight time, so i think it's going to be a tighter battle...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well that was an eventful match...the most experienced jazz personnel(sloan and fisher) get themselves ejected in what was a very physical game, the crowd become very unruly and start throwing stuff...the immense playoff experience of the spurs pays off even with sub-par nights for duncan and parker and they go home with a commanding 3-1 lead....

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the cavs draw level, gibson comes up big...can james and his rabble actually beat the pistons?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
James is certainly doing his best to prove himself in the clutch these last 2 games. CARN THE CAVS :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
the cavs draw level, gibson comes up big...can james and his rabble actually beat the pistons?
Next game in Detroit is crucial, Cavs gave first two away and I hope Lebron keeps the same attitude in motown.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
On another news...Kobe is whinning again, now he wants out of LaLa Land. ;)

What these NBA primadonnas dont understand is that their teams suck partly because of them, because first they want the maximum money, the guy is schedule to make 90 millions USD in next 4 years that basically means it wont allow lakers to sign another big shot player for another few years..Same thing happened in Minnesota.

Mister Wright

On another news...Kobe is whinning again, now he wants out of LaLa Land. ;)

What these NBA primadonnas dont understand is that their teams suck partly because of them, because first they want the maximum money, the guy is schedule to make 90 millions USD in next 4 years that basically means it wont allow lakers to sign another big shot player for another few years..Same thing happened in Minnesota.
Yeah, Kobe wants a trade.

Bryant seeks Lakers trade

Johnners

JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scores the Cavs last 25 points!!!!! 18 in OT as the cavs take a 3-2 lead. That includes a driving dunk with 9 seconds left to force the game to OT, and then a driving layup with 2.2 seconds left in Double OT to win it!!!! I honestly had shivers running down the back of my neck despite the fact i was only following the game via the NBA website :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

So ****ing pissed off as the game to my knowledge isn't being televised anywhere here in Australia :@ :@ :@

EDIT: For those who may know, do the teams, or NBA or anyone release DVD's of the Finals Series or the like? And if so, where i could go to purchase any online?

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
JAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scores the Cavs last 25 points!!!!! 18 in OT as the cavs take a 3-2 lead. That includes a driving dunk with 9 seconds left to force the game to OT, and then a driving layup with 2.2 seconds left in Double OT to win it!!!! I honestly had shivers running down the back of my neck despite the fact i was only following the game via the NBA website :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
that was a royal performance indeed! talk about singlehandedly keeping your team in the game and then winning it, that too against an elite team, that too in an away game, that too in a tie-breaker in a conference final!!!

the cavs are now in the same position they were in last year(in the semis), with another chance to finish off the pistons in 6, can they do it this time?

Mister Wright

I have some video of player introductions of the Milwaukee v Boston game I went to, if anyone wants me to email it to them (too big to put here). It certainly is something to behold. The Yanks know how to put on a sporting spectacle that is for sure.

Just catch me on msn or send me an email - mrkintheuk @ hotmail . com

Johnners

that was a royal performance indeed! talk about singlehandedly keeping your team in the game and then winning it, that too against an elite team, that too in an away game, that too in a tie-breaker in a conference final!!!

the cavs are now in the same position they were in last year(in the semis), with another chance to finish off the pistons in 6, can they do it this time?
Do you know if the NBA clubs, or anyone would release DVD's with this game on it ? :)

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
They won't release a DVD of it any time soon. Maybe it'll be on a Lebron DVD some day, but the NBA DVD releases suck (apart from the cool Celtics boxset.) There are a few websites that sell games, I'm sure the game will be replayed on ESPN Classics and NBA TV. Some one will sell it eventually.