• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Games for tomorrow:

Chicago @ Miami
Phoenix @ L.A. Lakers

Tipping Miami in a very close game and Lakers to get up.

There's a thousand games on the 1st, so not going to list them here.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Chicago @ Miami
Phoenix @ L.A. Lakers

Want to wait to see how the Bulls are going after a month of the season. Never been sold on preseason form....

Dravid

International Captain
Suns Lakers game should be great with Kobe back in the side. I think he has been waiting for this re-match.

Johnners

Cannot beleive it. What a thrasing, last season Champions Miami have been absolutely hammered by the Bulls 108-66 in the season opener!

Gaurd, Kirk Hinrich was the main man for the bulls with 26 points, 15 of which came in the 1st Half. Ben Wallace, showed why he was named defensive player of the year with 11 boards in a dominate Bulls outfit.

Dwayne Wade still managed 25 points for the Heat, but to no avail as they were outclassed in all areas.

The 52 point loss is the single biggest loss by the reigning champs in a season opener in the History of the NBA, worrying signs for Miami with an ageing line-up? or Just early season rust? Time will tell i guess.

Dravid

International Captain
Damn!!!!!!! Miami got their ass kicked and thrown around! That was absolutely pathetic! White hot heat got washed out! Shaq with only 5 boards in 25 mins he played. Would have loved to see the fans faces after the final buzzer.

I know it's only been one game into the season so far, but the Bulls are showing good signs for the future.

Suns Lakers game was a good one. Kobe didn't play and they still picked up the victory! Odom getting 34 shooting 50% from the field. Pretty good performance by him. Anyone know the reason why he didn't play? Is he injured or something? Also whats up with Stoudemire? He didn't start and only played 11 mins.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Amare miss the whole of last season so i guess they just want to slowly get him back to full strength...

Dravid

International Captain
Well there were a lot of games that took place today, and currently are taking place

Great game between the Knicks and Grizzlies. Went to 3 OT to decide it, and Knicks only take it by 1 point. Looking foward to see if they can make the playoffs this year under Isiah Thomas.

Hornets also picked up a victory in their opening game. Hornets are team that will make the playoffs this year without a doubt in my mind. Chris paul is a beast, and a really good Guard. And now with shooters like Peja in their team, they def have a chance of getting into the playoffs. Don't think they will go far in the playoffs however.

Mister Wright

Bucks also with a good win over the Pistons 105-97. :D

Looks like Bogut had a strong comeback with 70% FG and 9 rebounds from 28 minutes. First game back from injury.

Johnners

97-94 win for the Cav's over the Wizards. LBJ doing the damage with 25 points & 11 rebounds. My pick for this years MVP. Good to see Larry Hughes getting his season off to a positive start after his torried end to last season with 27 points to his name.

Dravid

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Bucks also with a good win over the Pistons 105-97. :D

Looks like Bogut had a strong comeback with 70% FG and 9 rebounds from 28 minutes. First game back from injury.
Damn I just noticed the score for the pistons game :(. Always tough seeing my team lose.

Dravid

International Captain
Got my self a copy of both NBA Live 07 and NBA 2k7 so heres a review for both of them.

(Note I have them both on PS2, so the reviews are for PS2.)

NBA 2k7:

The graphics for these games are pretty much the same as NBA 2k6, but the players clothes move just a little bit in 2k7. The look is still better than Live 07 however. The new introduced signature shots is a great idea and it's a massive ad on to the game. Only problem with that is that if you want to edit a player and have them get signature shots, you can't. So after all the players with signature shots retire, everyone will have same shots in the game.

Passing has also improved in the game, with more realistic passes. When in bounding the ball it won't be that easy as the AI in the game has improved dramatically. A lot more turnovers are in the game. If you play on Hall of Fame difficulty, you will get one hell of a challenge from every team.

Also a few new camera angles have been added to the game, which also makes it more realistic.

NBA Live 07:

Let me tell you something about this game, the game play is awesome, the graphics, are horrible!! There are only 4 camera angles in this game, and 3 of them are crap! Baseline low, baseline mid, baseline high, and press box are the camera angles. If you aren't used to a side angle like press box, like me, you will have a hard time in this game. The other 3 angles are crap and either you are too close and can't see all the players, or you are too far and can't exactly see whats happening. Seriously if this game got better camera angles, and kept the graphics the same, then this game would sell way more copies than NBA 2k7.

This game also has the freestyle superstar, which is a great addition. Richard Hamilton got his nasty jump shot, and Vince carter will dunk on anybody. This games goes in detailed with every single player, which is really good.

Both are still great games, and if I was you, I would buy a copy of both if not already.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
Detroit pick up their first victory of the season :) 101-88 against the Celtics, pretty good victory. Rip leading the points with 27, and Chauncey scores a double double with 11 Assist and 20 points. Antonio McDyess also nearing a double double, as he fell 2 points short.

Kobe got his first game of the season also tonight, scoring 23 points. His jersey looks so ugly now.

Dravid

International Captain
Damn Gilbert Areans got a 44 point game today. Really good solid performance from him, that person who got his Jersey at the end of the game was one lucky person.

Dravid

International Captain
Hornets still pick up a 6 point victory.

Philly also beat Miami. The champs arent off to a good season. Iverson with 31 points and 13 assist! No doubt he was the player of the night. Anyone know why Shaq didn't play at all this game?

Sonics and Lakers also played tonight and Kobe only scored 15 points in 39 mins....that is so not like Kobe. 0-4 from 3 point and 4-10 from the field. Kobe having another one of his down days.

Dravid

International Captain
Ah crap Detroit lose a close game to Utah Jazz. Score ends up at 101-103. Sheed led the scoring for Detroit with 25 points. Great performance by Carlos Boozer who helped Utah get the win with 20 points and 11 boards..4 double double for him in 4 games. Amazing performance.

Don Nelson made his come back in Dallas as his GS Warriors picked up a win agaisnt the Mavericks. Baron Davis led the Warriors with 26 points, 7 boards, 8 assist, 2 steals, and 1 block. Great performance from him.

Dravid

International Captain
Some good games tonight, involving a huge upset.

Atlanta Hawks visited King James palace today to pull off a upset in James backyard. One might wonder how it happened, because Atlanta had 19 turnovers in the game, while the Cavs only had 10. Cavs also had 20 offensive board. 20 offensive boards! That's a lot. The problem for the Cavs was, the FG %. 36% from the field, compared to 51% from the field from the Hawks. When a team comes to your town, shoots 51% and you can only shoot 36%..you deserveto get your ass kicked, and thats what happened.

Dravid

International Captain
Heat Nets game on TV right now in India. Miami 43-53 Nets at half. Vince Carter having a great game with 15 points in the half. Most of New Jerseys poitns our outside the paint, and they are having a great shooting game. Miami on the other hand are having a terrible game from the field, and so is Shaq. The guy can't make anything!

Moving over to Atlanta v Toronto. Joe Johnson having the game of the season so far. The guy was on fire in the first half with 20 points! Fished off with 31 points.

Detroit v Kobe..Er I mean Detroit v Lakers is coming up in a little bit. Should be a interesting game if Tayshuan has to guard Kobe again.

BTW did anyone hear about the move of New Jersey Nets to Brooklyn? Yes thats right Nets are moving to Brooklyn and in the 2009-2010 year they are going to be called the Brooklyn Nets. I'm a huge fan of Jay Z, but I'm pretty mad at him for taking the only basketball team in Jersey out of Jersey

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Yeh, i'd be devestated if I were from New Jersey.

Great start from New Jersey in this match, but the class of Heat could get them home.

EDIT: Heat infront...