• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Me and my friends will be going to Game 5 of Mavs/Warriors on Tuesday. Can't wait! Playoff atmosphere is so electric and it's always fun to attend a live game. Since we bought the tickets from a ticket agency, it cost us $90 for $20 seats! Oh well, worth it IMO.
Planning on going to a Bulls game in the second round.

Fusion

Global Moderator
When was the last time a defending champ lost in the first round? Maybe the '84 Sixers?
Could be the Bulls after MJ's last title. I think that was in '98. Did they even make the playoffs the next year?

Anyway I wouldn't count the Heat out just yet. Any Mavs fan can tell you they're capable of bouncing back from a 0-2 hole!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
The way D-Wade is playing, I dont expect them to win more than 1 game against Bulls. But even if they prove me wrong and go on to win this series, they will be embarrassed and humiliated by Pistons by a 4-0.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the lakers pull one back in desperation time! didn't think last year's strategy would work with stoudemire in the mix but it has for one game at least now let's see how the suns respond...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Could be the Bulls after MJ's last title. I think that was in '98. Did they even make the playoffs the next year?

Anyway I wouldn't count the Heat out just yet. Any Mavs fan can tell you they're capable of bouncing back from a 0-2 hole!
i doubt if the heat can come back from this one...not saying they will be swept or anything but with wade operating at 50% efficiency and shaq just not the same player anymore and an ageing roster, it's going to be really, really tough for them...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Nah, three years ago was the first time we made the playoffs after MJ's last season with us. Though we did get to the first round in playoffs and lost to the knicks following our first 3-peat.

BTW, how much does Hinrich rock!

Fusion

Global Moderator
Haha NP! Well the Heat are done. No team has ever come back from a 0-3 hole. Bye-bye Champs.

Halftime of the Dallas game and the Warriors are on fire. They're shooting over 58% and the building is rocking. In comparison, the Mavs are shooting at 37%. The Mavs did good just to get the lead down to 13 (it was as much as 18 at one point). Call me crazy, but I'm not worried. Even if they lose this game, I'm still not worried. I maybe overconfident, but I still say Mavs in 6.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Heat are done. They have as much chance of avoiding a whitewash as the other team from Florida. Mavs continue to beat themselves, I said it again and again, that Regular season means zlich if you dont step up your game in Playoffs. Hopefully they will put up better performance in remaining games.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Haha NP! Well the Heat are done. No team has ever come back from a 0-3 hole. Bye-bye Champs.

Halftime of the Dallas game and the Warriors are on fire. They're shooting over 58% and the building is rocking. In comparison, the Mavs are shooting at 37%. The Mavs did good just to get the lead down to 13 (it was as much as 18 at one point). Call me crazy, but I'm not worried. Even if they lose this game, I'm still not worried. I maybe overconfident, but I still say Mavs in 6.
the mavs desperately need to win the next game though...they can't afford another game like this...as for the heat, the writing was on the wall even before the start of the series even though i never thought there is a possibility of a team with shaq and wade in it being swept!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well, well, well! the mavs look like they are all set to crash and burn against the warriors!