• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Anil said:
chris mannix of si.com says the bulls have a great chance of winning it all this year:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/chris_mannix/09/20/mannix/index.html

even with the inclusion of big ben, i don't think they are championship material, what do you think?
They definately have a good shot at Eastern Conference title, if they make the playoffs. They match up very well with Miami Heat and Big Ben is a big defensive threat.

If they win east conf, then their chances of winning NBA title will vary depending upon who wins the west conf.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dravid said:
NBA 2k7 on 360 is amazing. The graphics are mind blowing. The players hair and shirt,
I saw a few ads of 2K7 on USA Today or Comedy Central. Looks very impressive indeed.

Dravid

International Captain
76ers kick off the Europe live tour tomorrow against Barcelona. Anyone getting coverage? NBATV is showing it here in the US.

Dravid

International Captain
Spurs vs Lyon and Sixers vs Barcelona on right now. Anyone watching these games? NBA TV is showing Sixers game atm and will show spurs game later on tonight. The arena is PACKED for the Sixers game...didn't expect so many people to show up.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
League Name: CW NBA Fantasy League
League Password: cwnba

30 Team league...so only 30 managers. You can get all the information once you join. to join go to www.nba.com and find the Ultimate Fantasy Commissioner link

Should I make a new thread for it?
I ran a league on NBA.com last year. There are some features that I didn't quite like and went with Yahoo instead. But I'll join where ever you make a league as I don't hav time to run one this year.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
They definately have a good shot at Eastern Conference title, if they make the playoffs. They match up very well with Miami Heat and Big Ben is a big defensive threat.

If they win east conf, then their chances of winning NBA title will vary depending upon who wins the west conf.
they(miami i mean) neutralized big ben in a much better team last time...of course they(the bulls) will make the playoffs, i mean they did it without him last season, if mr. 60 million man doesn't take them at least to the playoffs this year, what use is he? but i am not so sure the bulls have it in them to string it together for seven straight games against top teams...but we'll know more as the season progresses...

Dravid

International Captain
Wow Sixers lost, the first time an American club lost to European team in Europe. Gotta give credit to Barcelona...they were having one hell of a game.

Dravid

International Captain
Pistons playing Heat tomm night. Pre-season game, but they def won't play it like a pre-season game. Can't wait so excited about it.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I won't be going tot the Milwaulkee game @ Dallas on the 28th of March anymore. Due to a change in itenerary I'll be seeing Milwaulkee host Boston on April 4th. Should be awesome and hopefully Bogut plays.

Dravid

International Captain
Bogut is nice, but he got over rated last year. I saw more talent in Channing Frye than Bogut.

Sixers vs. Suns just got over. Wow what a game, Sixers won 103-100. I saw the fourth qtr. on TV and it was a pretty exciting game. Can't wait for the Pistons game later on tonight. Rest of the fixtures for the day.

Magic v Bobcats

Celtics v Caveliers...Lebron's back in action, and hes going against Pierce. Should be a really good game.

Mavericks v Hornets...Peja makes his debut for the Hornets tonight. Hornets looking really strong with Peja and Chris Paul on the same team. Chris Paul is nice!!!

Grizzlies v Rockets

Pistons v Heat...Rematch of the East conf finals. Can't wait till it starts.

And finally some team from Europe(Don't know the name) vs the Nuggets.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dravid said:
Bogut is nice, but he got over rated last year. I saw more talent in Channing Frye than Bogut.
That may be true about Frye, but how does that make Bogut over-rated?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nfurCV1FDpM

Was just going through Youtube and ran into this video. Brought back memories of this game. I saw this game live and when he made that final shot I fell of my couch. Anyone else see this game live. Best NBA game ever in history IMO
i saw it live...incredible game...seemed like a routine spurs win till those final 35 seconds and then t-mac exploded...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Just saw the Bulls wipe the floor clean with the Spurs a few days ago (admittedly it was their second string team), hopefully they can do the same against tougher opposition. They're certainly a talented bunch.

Dravid

International Captain
Yeah Bulls are looking strong, but not strong enough for a championship yet in my opinion. With players like Hinrich and Ben Gordan on the team, their offense will be crazy. Both are great shooters and cause serious problems for the defense.

Also with Big Ben as their team now, they're defense has improved significantly. I see another Chicago Bulls era starting up like there was in the 90's, but not for another 3-4 years.

Dravid

International Captain
Well the regular season kicks off tomorrow with the Miami Heat also getting their championship rings. Any prediction for the first lot of games?