• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Dravid

International Captain
Lakers. We play them again tonight. Hopefully we can avenge the earlier loss.

I heard about it, but haven't seen the video. If anyone has a link, can they post it here please?
NBA.com...it was the play of the day

Dravid

International Captain
Lakers. We play them again tonight. Hopefully we can avenge the earlier loss.

I heard about it, but haven't seen the video. If anyone has a link, can they post it here please?
Yeah the games on TNT so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Tbh this is the first game I'm seeing Kobe live this season because I was in India so far through out the season

Fusion

Global Moderator
NBA.com...it was the play of the day
Thanks! :)

Yeah the games on TNT so I'm looking forward to seeing it. Tbh this is the first game I'm seeing Kobe live this season because I was in India so far through out the season
Should be a great game. I fear Kobe. He usually owns us. Though last time we played we kept him in check...but still ended up losing.

Dravid

International Captain
Anyway people in the US...NBA is showing a free preview of League Pass next week. Yes that means every single NBA game will be on TV. Starting monday, your NBALP channels should work for the week.

Dravid

International Captain
Great game by the Mavs. Nowitzki and Howard playing great again. I didn't see the game because I fell asleep during the 4th qtr of the Miami game(Jet lag....i hate it.). Talking about the Miami game, anyone see the circus shot from D Wade. How lucky does this guy get?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Mavs dominated the Lakers last night. That game was over early in the 3rd qtr. At one point, the Mavs lead by as many as 28. The Lakers closed the gap during garbage time in the 4th qtr. The greatness of Kobe was kept in check by the Mavs. There was one funny moment where Kobe went for a dunk and missed it. The Mavs then dunked on the other end. The crowd loved it. Kobe did get his dunk two possessions later though. Anyway, great game to watch. The Mavs look by far as the best team in the NBA right now.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks! :)

Should be a great game. I fear Kobe. He usually owns us. Though last time we played we kept him in check...but still ended up losing.
it was a blowout....nowitzki and howard starred....they are just too good....:)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
it was a blowout....nowitzki and howard starred....they are just too good....:)
They are when they get going. But when they are not hot, Dallas suffers, they dont have players who can bail them out when these two are having off days. Another thing is that both are one dimensional players. Neither of them are known for their defensive skills or passing etc that IMO has been the problem with Dallas.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
They are when they get going. But when they are not hot, Dallas suffers, they dont have players who can bail them out when these two are having off days. Another thing is that both are one dimensional players. Neither of them are known for their defensive skills or passing etc that IMO has been the problem with Dallas.
it's true that dallas is not known for too many assists and rely primarily on nowitzki, howard and terry to get the job done....with support coming from stackhouse, george, dampier etc but the point is that everyone has been coming to play and one dimensional or not(and i don't think he is, he is a fantastic shooter with incredible range for his size and an excellent rebounder plus a great free throw shooter and although no hotshot defender, he has certainly improved his defense under avery johnson), nowitzki has been playing all season at mvp level...

Dravid

International Captain
There was a little fight between KG and Antonio McDyess last night. It was ******** from both players. If no one saw it let me know and I will post a youtube link

What a great game the pistons one was. A low scoring, but exciting as hell game. Mike James was out of bounds before hitting that 3, but you have to respect him for that shot...that was amazing. Then Chauncey letting everyone know why he is called Mr. Big Shot by hitting a clutch 3 and sending the game into 2nd OT. Amazing game

Also Utah beat Toronto. That pass by AK-47 to Boozer under Boshs leg was beautiful and funny

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
There was a little fight between KG and Antonio McDyess last night. It was ******** from both players. If no one saw it let me know and I will post a youtube link

What a great game the pistons one was. A low scoring, but exciting as hell game. Mike James was out of bounds before hitting that 3, but you have to respect him for that shot...that was amazing. Then Chauncey letting everyone know why he is called Mr. Big Shot by hitting a clutch 3 and sending the game into 2nd OT. Amazing game

Also Utah beat Toronto. That pass by AK-47 to Boozer under Boshs leg was beautiful and funny
that was a laborious grind from both teams, not pretty to watch but typical pistons basketball....yeah great clutch shot from billups at the end of the first ot....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
it's true that dallas is not known for too many assists and rely primarily on nowitzki, howard and terry to get the job done....with support coming from stackhouse, george, dampier etc but the point is that everyone has been coming to play and one dimensional or not(and i don't think he is, he is a fantastic shooter with incredible range for his size and an excellent rebounder plus a great free throw shooter and although no hotshot defender, he has certainly improved his defense under avery johnson), nowitzki has been playing all season at mvp level...
I haven't been watching much of NBA this season, but from whatever I have watched in last few years he is a very poor defender and an average rebounder(for his size) and very poor passer. If scoring tons of points is considered playing at MVP level then yes he is, but IMO his game is very one dimensional and when he is not going offensively, he can be replaced by anyother player.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I haven't been watching much of NBA this season, but from whatever I have watched in last few years he is a very poor defender and an average rebounder(for his size) and very poor passer. If scoring tons of points is considered playing at MVP level then yes he is, but IMO his game is very one dimensional and when he is not going offensively, he can be replaced by anyother player.
this season, his rebounding numbers(9.5) has improved over his career average, so has his assists(3.2)....he can score in the paint with his height but how many 7-footers have you seen score so consistently from beyond the arc? he is above 40% for the season in 3-pt shooting, as usual nearly 90% in free-throw shooting and most importantly their go-to guy in crunch moments and so a proven clutch player....add in the 25 points per game he has been scoring this season at over 50% shooting and you have an exceptionally efficient player who is pivotal to his teams' chances to win the west and a championship....that's why i said he is playing at mvp level....