• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Dravid

International Captain
Watching the Lakers Nets game right now. Haha Kobe took only two shots in the first qtr...hahahahaha

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Hadn't been following basketball and hockey too much this year (as I usually do) cuz' of school and all (grade 11's real busy), but now that the holidays are here I decided to check out what's going on... Surprised to see Raptors 0.5 games back from playoff spot! We might just make it this year.

Dravid

International Captain
Turbinator said:
Hadn't been following basketball and hockey too much this year (as I usually do) cuz' of school and all (grade 11's real busy), but now that the holidays are here I decided to check out what's going on... Surprised to see Raptors 0.5 games back from playoff spot! We might just make it this year.
If you win the Atlantic you are in. And you can easily win the Atlantic considering your only threat is NJ.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Turbinator said:
Haha looks like Raps gonna win and now that Nets lost... we'll be leading the division.
it's a case of who loses less, isn't it...it's indeed a sad division...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i don't understand how a team with kidd, carter, jefferson and krstic can do so badly...they don't have much bench strength but still with three bonafide, very experienced stars and an exciting up-and-coming player, i would expect better from this team...

Dravid

International Captain
There problems is, if they fire on offense, they hardly have any defense(if you look they didn't play any defense today until the end of the game with 2 mins left) and if they play good defense, they go cold on offense. Not a consistent team. And also the fact that franks is a horrible coach.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
There problems is, if they fire on offense, they hardly have any defense(if you look they didn't play any defense today until the end of the game with 2 mins left) and if they play good defense, they go cold on offense. Not a consistent team. And also the fact that franks is a horrible coach.
lawrence franks is a bad coach, true...i don't know why they are still keeping him, after his initial streak of wins, most of which were against the poorer teams, he has been really average in terms of results and the franchise has gone from bad to worse....after 2 consecutive nba finals, they have now gone to barely making the playoffs and getting swept in the first round...kidd's case is especially sad, he is a true legend of the game and at this age, deserves to be in a team with a chance of getting a ring...

Dravid

International Captain
Agreed. Kidd plays his heart out for the team, and he's got so many triple droubles, but Carter isn't the same anymore and Kidd isn't getting much support. Carter has had more than a few off nights this season, and it's really hurting the Nets. Coach franks is making it worse for them.

I saw Hassan Adams play today, and I'm telling you this guys pretty talented, and can be used as a back up guard to Carter. But no matter how many off nights Carter has, it doesn't send Franks a message to maybe use his bench a little more when his players are off. The only bench player Franks really plays is Marcus Williams, who is a really talented rookie, but he needs to go to his bench more.

Dravid

International Captain
And more injuries pile up as the Rockets, now lose Yao Ming, for the rest of the season. So both their star players are out with injuries, and I'm afraid by the time T-Mac is fit, it would be too late for them to make the playoffs

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bucks with their 4th straight win. Really starting to hit their straps after a shocking start to the season. They're trailing in their division, but it is the toughest division of the lot. Currently sitting at 12-14.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
And more injuries pile up as the Rockets, now lose Yao Ming, for the rest of the season. So both their star players are out with injuries, and I'm afraid by the time T-Mac is fit, it would be too late for them to make the playoffs
not for the season, till mid-february is the news....but that should be enough to screw up a till-now decent rockets season....

Dravid

International Captain
Yeah at first on NBA.com I thought it said a whole season, but it turns out it's not that long. But your right still without those two I don't think Rockets will win a lot of games.