Cricket Player Manager
Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 987

Thread: Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

  1. #181
    U19 Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Just because we had a bad playoff last season doesn't mean it's going to be like that this year too. If you watched Detroit play, it was nothing like how they normally play. I don't know what but something happen to them during the playoffs. Cleveland still mostly run around LeBron because Larry can't keep him self 100% fit all time and usually ends up sitting in the bleachers with his suit on.

    During last years regular season, Detroit were 3-1 against Miami, and that was with Shaq and Wade fully fit. If you watch those four games, and then the playoff series, it will seem as if the Pistons weren't even the same team. As long as they play their normal game this post season, it will really tough for anyone to stop them.
    regular season dont count at alll
    we all saw what the NETS did to the heat during the season
    what happned
    heats nearly swept the nets in the playoffs

  2. #182
    U19 Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Just because we had a bad playoff last season doesn't mean it's going to be like that this year too. If you watched Detroit play, it was nothing like how they normally play. I don't know what but something happen to them during the playoffs. Cleveland still mostly run around LeBron because Larry can't keep him self 100% fit all time and usually ends up sitting in the bleachers with his suit on.

    During last years regular season, Detroit were 3-1 against Miami, and that was with Shaq and Wade fully fit. If you watch those four games, and then the playoff series, it will seem as if the Pistons weren't even the same team. As long as they play their normal game this post season, it will really tough for anyone to stop them.

    Also u are underestimating the value of ben wallace to detroit, after billups, he was easily the mvp of the team, at times even more so then billups

    they just dont have the talent right now to keep up with more explosive teams, espeically considering there is no ben wallace, lebron will find it that much easier

  3. #183
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16
    Also u are underestimating the value of ben wallace to detroit, after billups, he was easily the mvp of the team, at times even more so then billups

    they just dont have the talent right now to keep up with more explosive teams, espeically considering there is no ben wallace, lebron will find it that much easier
    Yet they are almsot equal on win % right now. I understand what you do in the regular season wont insure a win in the playoffs, but it gives you a hint on who is the better team, because you do end up playing more games.

    And speaking of the Nets, every Nets fan knows that the only problem the Nets have, is Lawrence Franks

  4. #184
    U19 Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Yet they are almsot equal on win % right now. I understand what you do in the regular season wont insure a win in the playoffs, but it gives you a hint on who is the better team, because you do end up playing more games.

    And speaking of the Nets, every Nets fan knows that the only problem the Nets have, is Lawrence Franks
    doesnt matter what thier win percentage is, i remember miami struggled last year for sometime during the season

    teams like phoenix and dallas got off to bad starts this season

    and i dont think nets problem is lawrence frank, i think hes a good coach

    nets problem is a solid big man in the middle, kristic is too inconsistent, and in pressure situations just fails to make any impression

    they probably have the best backcourt in the nba, they need a consistent bigman in the middle who will get them 15 and 10 every night


  5. #185
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16
    doesnt matter what thier win percentage is, i remember miami struggled last year for sometime during the season

    teams like phoenix and dallas got off to bad starts this season

    and i dont think nets problem is lawrence frank, i think hes a good coach

    nets problem is a solid big man in the middle, kristic is too inconsistent, and in pressure situations just fails to make any impression

    they probably have the best backcourt in the nba, they need a consistent bigman in the middle who will get them 15 and 10 every night
    You think Lawrence Franks is a good coach? Are you serious? The guy has no faith in his players. All he wants to do is have the majority of the starting line up play 35+ mins no matter how bad they are doing. He has no player rotation. If you watched any Nets game this season, you would barely see Carter or Kidd take the bench for more than 5-10 mins if they are having the worst game of their life. J Kidd in the last game for the Nets 1-11, and he played 35 mins. Carter was 7 of 17, and he played 40 mins.

    Hell screw that game. Lets go to when Mavericks came to Jersey. Vince carter, 6-19 that night, yet he still manages to play 38 mins. Antoine Wright that game was given only 11 mins along with Eddie House.. RJ is on the floor for 40 mins, and his numbers are 3-9...in 40 mins! That's horrible, Seriously the bench is there for a reason. If your starters struggle, let your bench come in. Instead Lawrence Frank just stays with his starters and hopes they are going to produce magic

  6. #186
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Speaking of the Nets, Carter and Kidd set histroy as Carter nails down 9 3 pointers, and Kidd passes Wilt in triple doubles. I read somewhere that J Kidd is avg a triple double every 3 or 4 game this season. If he can keep this up and Nets can go pass 40+ wins, JKidd will be a really strong contender for MVP

  7. #187
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Just reported on ESPN that Iverson's locker has been cleaned out. I give it untill Afternoon in US today. Night time in US at the most! A deal for Iverson should be confirmed with in 24 hours.

    David Stern has decided to go back to the old leather ball due to the number of complains coming his way from players. I guess the Microfiber ball will be a rare collectors piece now

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2694335
    Last edited by Dravid; 12-12-2006 at 01:01 AM.

  8. #188
    U19 Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    You think Lawrence Franks is a good coach? Are you serious? The guy has no faith in his players. All he wants to do is have the majority of the starting line up play 35+ mins no matter how bad they are doing. He has no player rotation. If you watched any Nets game this season, you would barely see Carter or Kidd take the bench for more than 5-10 mins if they are having the worst game of their life. J Kidd in the last game for the Nets 1-11, and he played 35 mins. Carter was 7 of 17, and he played 40 mins.

    Hell screw that game. Lets go to when Mavericks came to Jersey. Vince carter, 6-19 that night, yet he still manages to play 38 mins. Antoine Wright that game was given only 11 mins along with Eddie House.. RJ is on the floor for 40 mins, and his numbers are 3-9...in 40 mins! That's horrible, Seriously the bench is there for a reason. If your starters struggle, let your bench come in. Instead Lawrence Frank just stays with his starters and hopes they are going to produce magic
    theres nothing wrong with giving elite players alot of min, u look at the best players in the leauge, they all play around 40 min, iverson lebron the list goes on and on

    and ur point of vince 6 of 19
    u dont take great players out of the game when they are having bad shooting nights, thats the last thing u want to do

    any great player will tell u, i want the ball, i want to keep shooting, i gotta keep attacking

    apart from that, its the presence that plays a big role, when ur franchise player is on the court, the team seems to know what they are doing, take the franchise players out, the team seems lost more often then not

    and you def need ur best players at the end of the game no matter what type of night they have had, thats just how it goes, these guys are play makers, they can win u a game out of nowhere

  9. #189
    U19 Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Speaking of the Nets, Carter and Kidd set histroy as Carter nails down 9 3 pointers, and Kidd passes Wilt in triple doubles. I read somewhere that J Kidd is avg a triple double every 3 or 4 game this season. If he can keep this up and Nets can go pass 40+ wins, JKidd will be a really strong contender for MVP
    carters the most frustratin player in teh leauge, he needs to stop shootin 3s and attack the basket

    he can shoot the 3 when ever he wnats, its always there, the guy promised so much, he just doenst have the desire to be the best, although he has the tools

  10. #190
    U19 Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Just reported on ESPN that Iverson's locker has been cleaned out. I give it untill Afternoon in US today. Night time in US at the most! A deal for Iverson should be confirmed with in 24 hours.

    David Stern has decided to go back to the old leather ball due to the number of complains coming his way from players. I guess the Microfiber ball will be a rare collectors piece now

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2694335

    they were real close to makin a deal with the bobcats, but iverson said i dont want to go there so the deal fell off

    indiana is really in the mix now, but id be happy if he goes to boston or chicago

  11. #191
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16
    theres nothing wrong with giving elite players alot of min, u look at the best players in the leauge, they all play around 40 min, iverson lebron the list goes on and on

    and ur point of vince 6 of 19
    u dont take great players out of the game when they are having bad shooting nights, thats the last thing u want to do

    any great player will tell u, i want the ball, i want to keep shooting, i gotta keep attacking

    apart from that, its the presence that plays a big role, when ur franchise player is on the court, the team seems to know what they are doing, take the franchise players out, the team seems lost more often then not

    and you def need ur best players at the end of the game no matter what type of night they have had, thats just how it goes, these guys are play makers, they can win u a game out of nowhere
    I know, LeBron plays 40 mins a game, so does Iverson. I never said they don't. They should also, but only when they are playing good. I don't have anything against Carter or RJ playing 40 mins a game, but only when they are hot, or decent from the floor....not 3-9 from in 40 mins or 1-11.


    You say you don't need to take your best player out of the games because they are doing bad, then why is there a bench. The bench is there for two reason. 1) A player is tired you rest him. 2) Your starters can't get anything right, that's when you bring in the bench.?

    You say ask any good player that he will tell you he wants to shoot, and he wants the ball. How about you go ask any good coach what to do when a player is having a rough night.

    Lawrence Frank is ruining the Nets team just like how Larry Brown ruined the Knicks last year. And I can guarantee you, if not during the season, Frank will be fired come end of the season.

    I don't disagree with you on the part to give your players mins in the last qtr if they are doing bad, but if they are having a bad game , the bench needs to get more mins. You can't be a coach and keep the same players in and hope they produce magic. You don't win games that way.
    Last edited by Dravid; 12-12-2006 at 02:00 AM.

  12. #192
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16
    they were real close to makin a deal with the bobcats, but iverson said i dont want to go there so the deal fell off

    indiana is really in the mix now, but id be happy if he goes to boston or chicago
    I'm happy that Iverson didn't go to the Bobcats. They won't be like really good with him. It will another Sixers. It would be better for Bobcats to get another high pick this year and continue to build their team around young guys.

  13. #193
    U19 Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    I know, LeBron plays 40 mins a game, so does Iverson. I never said they don't. They should also, but only when they are playing good. I don't have anything against Carter or RJ playing 40 mins a game, but only when they are hot, or decent from the floor....not 3-9 from in 40 mins or 1-11.


    You say you don't need to take your best player out of the games because they are doing bad, then why is there a bench. The bench is there for two reason. 1) A player is tired you rest him. 2) Your starters can't get anything right, that's when you bring in the bench.?

    You say ask any good player that he will tell you he wants to shoot, and he wants the ball. How about you go ask any good coach what to do when a player is having a rough night.

    Lawrence Frank is ruining the Nets team just like how Larry Brown ruined the Knicks last year. And I can guarantee you, if not during the season, Frank will be fired come end of the season.

    I don't disagree with you on the part to give your players mins in the last qtr if they are doing bad, but if they are having a bad game , the bench needs to get more mins. You can't be a coach and keep the same players in and hope they produce magic. You don't win games that way.
    NJ has 2 elite players, that leaves 3 spaces for frank to sub from the bench, and j kidd doenst play as much carter, so its not like the bench doenst play at all

    also larry brown didnt really destroy the knicks, they were already crap
    that team is just badly managed, u cant coach a bunch of selfish high talented players who play the same position

    NY is a joke

  14. #194
    International Captain Dravid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad16
    NJ has 2 elite players, that leaves 3 spaces for frank to sub from the bench, and j kidd doenst play as much carter, so its not like the bench doenst play at all

    also larry brown didnt really destroy the knicks, they were already crap
    that team is just badly managed, u cant coach a bunch of selfish high talented players who play the same position

    NY is a joke
    J Kidd avgs 2 less mins than Carter for the season...what are you talking about?

    And Larry Brown did destroy the Knicks. What possible reason did he ever have in this ****ing world to bring in a star like Francis, and bench him!? Larry Brown=the biggest idiot to have coached a NBA team.

    Larry brown had no idea what to do with the team. And you say the team is badly managed, which majority of it comes from the coach.

  15. #195
    U19 Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    J Kidd avgs 2 less mins than Carter for the season...what are you talking about?

    And Larry Brown did destroy the Knicks. What possible reason did he ever have in this ****ing world to bring in a star like Francis, and bench him!? Larry Brown=the biggest idiot to have coached a NBA team.

    Larry brown had no idea what to do with the team. And you say the team is badly managed, which majority of it comes from the coach.
    why would u want francis to play alongside marbury and crawford, thats bad management more then bad coaching

    i mean all the players they have are firstly selfish, pretty much brainless but very talented play almost the same game

    no matter what coach NY has, that teams gonna struggle

Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *Official* Australian Domestic Season Thread
    By luffy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1565
    Last Post: 15-07-2008, 09:40 PM
  2. *Official* English Football Season 2006-07
    By luckyeddie in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 6889
    Last Post: 22-06-2007, 08:37 AM
  3. Indian domestic season 2006-07
    By Arjun in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 860
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 03:43 AM
  4. WCC Season 8 Player Retention and Draft Proposal
    By Coach_Pearson in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25-08-2006, 09:31 PM
  5. Official Sydney Grade Cricket Thread
    By AussieDominance in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 20-06-2006, 02:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •