• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
Agreed. Anthony threws an uncalled for punch at Collins, despite things being cooled down. If you look at the video you will see when Melo threw his punch, the officials had calmed down most of the players. His suspension could well go into the New Year, and I would be surprised if it didn't. Robinson is most likely going to get a long suspension too, maybe 5 games along with JR Smith for that brawl in the crowd.

Collins I expect to get away with a couple of game suspension for the flagrant foul.

It was really immature what they did and you can't blame NY for this because if you go back to the 2006 playoffs, Raja Bell closelined Kobe Bryant, which seemed like a worse fould than this, but Kobe reacted like a mature person and let the officials handle it. So it really is the Nuggets fault that this fight broke out.

kobe back in his 4th season like anthony would not have reacted nicely, its jus that kobe has had his share of tussles before and was not about to do it again in the playoffs, im sure kobe would have retaliated had this been his 4th year

i think its carmelos 4th year

anyways i didnt get to see the video, im at work with a slow connection

this might also push denver to really go for iversno now

Dravid

International Captain
Actually I'm not sure if Iverson will go to denver now. This will bring down Melos reputation a lot and I'm not sure if AI would want to play along with him. AI isn't the same player he used to be and has really matured and don't think he would want to go to Denver after all this. Plus it seems like Melo could be out of the race for MVP after this.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
Actually I'm not sure if Iverson will go to denver now. This will bring down Melos reputation a lot and I'm not sure if AI would want to play along with him. AI isn't the same player he used to be and has really matured and don't think he would want to go to Denver after all this. Plus it seems like Melo could be out of the race for MVP after this.

i dont understand the melo iverson backcourt either, but id rather seem him in denver then sac town or something

how serious will the suspension be?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LAKERS! What a come back.

Into over time now. I have a bit of dough on them so hopefully they can bloody win. They were pissing me off for 3 quarters.

Dravid

International Captain
Jono said:
Screw you Lakers.
Lmao!!!! GA what a beast!!! 60 points! Bryant who was 7-8 once from 3 pt couldn't save you guys with his 45. Arenas owned tonight. My god what a performance.

Well in other news, the Pistons 2nd year player, Jason Maxiell(Who most likely none of you know and I know for a fact the supersonics didn't know) made a name for him self in the nba, with 17 points and 12 boards in 33 mins, covering up for injured Rasheed Wallace. Hopefully this kid can play more

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
i dont understand the melo iverson backcourt either, but id rather seem him in denver then sac town or something

how serious will the suspension be?
Around 10 games or so I'm expecting. He did start it up again when things were cooling down so I expect it to be really serious.

Anyway King is in no rush to trade Iverson. Now King is probably the biggest idiot in the history of the NBA who should be fired right now and never come near another team again, or he is doing this on purpose just so Sixers end up with a high draft pick.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Yo B-Ball fans, how this look for an All-Star American team & All-Star World team:

Not paying too much attentions to positions or whatever since i don't know anything about them, just picking on the popular names

USA:

Kobe Bryant
Shaquielle O'Neil
Tim Duncan
Allan Iverson
Jason Kidd

BACK-UP: LeBron James, Vince Carter, bloke who wears a mask all time, Tracy McGrady, Kevin Garnett, Dwayne Wade.

WORLD TEAM

Kobe Bryant
Shaquielle O' Neil
Yao Ming
Steve Nash
Tim Duncan

Dravid

International Captain
aussie said:
Yo B-Ball fans, how this look for an All-Star American team & All-Star World team:

Not paying too much attentions to positions or whatever since i don't know anything about them, just picking on the popular names

USA:

Kobe Bryant
Shaquielle O'Neil
Tim Duncan
Allan Iverson
Jason Kidd

BACK-UP: LeBron James, Vince Carter, bloke who wears a mask all time, Tracy McGrady, Kevin Garnett, Dwayne Wade.

WORLD TEAM

Kobe Bryant
Shaquielle O' Neil
Yao Ming
Steve Nash
Tim Duncan
Erm, what?

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
Lmao!!!! GA what a beast!!! 60 points! Bryant who was 7-8 once from 3 pt couldn't save you guys with his 45. Arenas owned tonight. My god what a performance.

Well in other news, the Pistons 2nd year player, Jason Maxiell(Who most likely none of you know and I know for a fact the supersonics didn't know) made a name for him self in the nba, with 17 points and 12 boards in 33 mins, covering up for injured Rasheed Wallace. Hopefully this kid can play more
AHAHAHAHA who cares about the other news

Dravid

International Captain
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2700724

Melo says sorry for the brawl.

What do you guys think, is it right to forgive him? I forgive him because even those it was really stupid what he did, but everyone makes a mistake. The guy let his immature side take over him, but I think it's right to forgive him, and it's good he realized what he did was wrong. But even though he said sorry, he will never have the same amount of respect in my eyes, as a player or a person, like he did before

Fusion

Global Moderator
Dravid said:

What do you guys think, is it right to forgive him? I forgive him because even those it was really stupid what he did, but everyone makes a mistake. The guy let his immature side take over him, but I think it's right to forgive him, and it's good he realized what he did was wrong. But even though he said sorry, he will never have the same amount of respect in my eyes, as a player or a person, like he did before
Don't know about forgiveness. You make it sound like what he did was not that big a deal. He landed a sucker punch that could've seriously hurt the guy. The already chaotic scene escalated even more after that. I think a LENGTHY ban is in order here.

Dravid

International Captain
Ofcourse a ban is needed and I'm not saying that he shouldn't be ban, but I'm saying, the guy did realize his mistake

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:

everybody makes a mistake???? yea but his wasnt justified what so ever

we already saw what happend with the pistons and indiana i think it was

that fight was ALL OVER THE PLACE, the nba then took strict measures and sent out strong messages to players

to almost completely ignore that incident, there just isnt any excuse, these guys should recieve a severe ban

u have to consider the kids out there who follow these guys as role models, it has a HUGE impact on the kids, and nba better punish these guys harsher then what happend with artest so this doenst happen again