Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    I was just watching the Sixers and Wizards game and they announced that in an interview Iverson said he demands a trade. Iverson actually had back problems, but he wanted to play tonight, MO told him don't bother and stay home and stay home for the next game and Iverson then came out saying it's time to move.

Wow, and the surprising part is Denver was asked about this, they said they were not interested. I'm really shocked Denver isn't interested in him at all.

Well most likely Iverson won't play another game for Sixers because they said they are going to try to work out a trade within a week
    george karl was initially interested in him, but not now, is what i heard...in any case, they will lose at least 2-3 fairly major cogs in their wheel if they try to acquire iverson, the guy is expensive....and at 31 i don't know if he is worth all that....denver has a really good team this year with anthony, j.r smith, nene(finally healthy), camby, miller, evans, najera etc and this kind of a team just wouldn't revolve around a.i the way the 76ers did...

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    IMO, he'll go to the Celtics.

The odds of him staying in the east are really slim. On another Bball forum I read that the Iverson to Timberwolves rumor has stirred up again and this time there is a high chance it might actually take place.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhmaster
    Jesus. The guy's good, no matter what everyone thinks of him.
    I wonder how many people here believe he's the next Jordan?
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I wonder how many people here believe he's the next Jordan?
    Who? Kobe? Are you joking?

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...l/16199928.htm

Well I take back what I said about Iverson going to Timberwolves.

Who? Kobe? Are you joking?
    he may not be but he is the best player in the nba right now, based on pure skills...

Quote Originally Posted by Anil
    he may not be but he is the best player in the nba right now, based on pure skills...
    I rate LeBron higher than Kobe. Kobe is no doubt the best shooter in the league, but LeBron >>>>>>>> Kobe on taking it to the rack. And LeBron is a pretty decent shooter too(Even though he can't be consistent from the free through line) LeBron can also rebound better than Kobe, and also be a playmaker for any team. Plus I believe he ahs better man to man defense. So overall LeBron>Kobe.

I rate LeBron higher than Kobe. Kobe is no doubt the best shooter in the league, but LeBron >>>>>>>> Kobe on taking it to the rack. And LeBron is a pretty decent shooter too(Even though he can't be consistent from the free through line) LeBron can also rebound better than Kobe, and also be a playmaker for any team. Plus I believe he ahs better man to man defense. So overall LeBron>Kobe.
    kobe bryant is a very underrated defender and certainly much better than lebron james right now...lebron is still not very comfortable on defense although he is getting better....lebron is a better rebounder than kobe, that's really the only area where he would lead kobe right now....as for shooting, kobe is miles ahead, as for taking it to the rack, lebron is a forward while bryant is a guard so obviously he will go to the low post more often but even so your evaluation, LeBron >>>>>>>> Kobe is no way near true, bryant has been brilliant to spectacular around the basket throughout his career and he is obviously a much better free-throw shooter....

as for playmaker, i was specifically referring to pure player skills rather than the whole making the team better thing....in any case, a lot about lebron is hype right now, reminds me of the way tendulkar was hyped by fanatics in his initial years when he came on the scene in india...
    Last edited by Anil; 09-12-2006 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil
    kobe bryant is a very underrated defender and certainly much better than lebron james right now...lebron is still not very comfortable on defense although he is getting better....lebron is a better rebounder than kobe, that's really the only area where he would lead kobe right now....as for shooting, kobe is miles ahead, as for taking it to the rack, lebron is a forward while bryant is a guard so obviously he will go to the low post more often but even so your evaluation, LeBron >>>>>>>> Kobe is no way near true, bryant has been brilliant to spectacular around the basket throughout his career and he is obviously a much better free-throw shooter....

as for playmaker, i was specifically referring to pure player skills rather than the whole making the team better thing....in any case, a lot about lebron is hype right now, reminds me of the way tendulkar was hyped by fanatics in his initial years when he came on the scene in india...
    Apparently you werent aware of the stats that LeBron led the league in and1's last season. That's saying a lot about how good he is at takng the ball to the rack. And if you watched majorty of his games, it's impossible to stop the man inside.

Update on Iversons situation. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

It seems Dallas and Boston are interested in getting Iverson. I read this on another forum, that Iverson wants to end up in a big city like Phily, i.e. LA, Boston, NY, Chicago.

There's also a rumor going around that he could end up in LA, but for the Clippers. It was mentioned that Lakers chances are slim because problems would most likely be created between Kobe and AI if they end up playing together.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...son_in_dallas/

Dallas is out of question. Now Boston have the highest chances of getting Iverson

U19 Captain
    SOMEONE please shoot twolves owner the guy is utterly stupid, i jus hate it when owners and managers are cocky like that

KG couldnt control his emotions when asked in an interview on his desire to play with iverson

kg has been on the trade block for the last year, if twovles want to keep KG in minni, they better do waht ever they can to get iverson
    if the owner doenst show interest in iverson, KG will really see no point in staying in minnesota and he will soon enough demand a trade, or just play below par

iverson himself wants to play in minnesota

also the twolves owner talked about how it wouldnt work money wise... GIVE ME A BREAK the nba has a salary cap and the way trades work, usually moeny wise it evens out, iverson and kg combo will sell tickets, JERSEYS, virtually gaurantee a spot in the playoffs to increase revenue, TNT woudl want to show minnesota games
    i mean the reasoning behind his logic doenst make any sense

KG and IVerson are both my fav players, to see them play together is almost like a dream

and dont tell me it wont work out, cuz it will, they both nearing the end of thier careers, both want to win badly, and iverson will do anything to win that championship, he plays harder then anyone on the court despite his off the court antics

I agree with you mohammad. KG21 REALLY R.E.A.L.L.Y wants to play with Iverson. But due to Iversons huge contract, Timberwolves are going to have to get rid of 3 or 4 players so they can have room for Iversons contract. That means most likely Rookie and future all star Randy Foye along with Ricky Davis and another player or two will be traded. In my opinion trading Foye isn't the right move, looking at the potential the guy has, but it's near impossible to get Iverson if you don't trade Foye. So the the trade is a confusing one.

I read in another report KG demanded the TWolves to reconsider the option of bringing in Iverson. He said he wants an attempt atleast. This could mean bad news for TWolves if they don't acquire Iverson because we know what KG means when he demanded something from the TWolves.

If Iverson goes to TWolves, they would be in the top 3 teams of the Conf and top 5 of the league, and also my new second favorite team in the league.

And KG knows how to get the team to folllow his ways. The TWolves will now consider the option to bring Iverson into the team. http://www.twincities.com/mld/twinci...l/16208531.htm

Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread Information