• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NBA 2006-2007 season thread

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
Just because we had a bad playoff last season doesn't mean it's going to be like that this year too. If you watched Detroit play, it was nothing like how they normally play. I don't know what but something happen to them during the playoffs. Cleveland still mostly run around LeBron because Larry can't keep him self 100% fit all time and usually ends up sitting in the bleachers with his suit on.

During last years regular season, Detroit were 3-1 against Miami, and that was with Shaq and Wade fully fit. If you watch those four games, and then the playoff series, it will seem as if the Pistons weren't even the same team. As long as they play their normal game this post season, it will really tough for anyone to stop them.
regular season dont count at alll
we all saw what the NETS did to the heat during the season
what happned
heats nearly swept the nets in the playoffs

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
Just because we had a bad playoff last season doesn't mean it's going to be like that this year too. If you watched Detroit play, it was nothing like how they normally play. I don't know what but something happen to them during the playoffs. Cleveland still mostly run around LeBron because Larry can't keep him self 100% fit all time and usually ends up sitting in the bleachers with his suit on.

During last years regular season, Detroit were 3-1 against Miami, and that was with Shaq and Wade fully fit. If you watch those four games, and then the playoff series, it will seem as if the Pistons weren't even the same team. As long as they play their normal game this post season, it will really tough for anyone to stop them.

Also u are underestimating the value of ben wallace to detroit, after billups, he was easily the mvp of the team, at times even more so then billups

they just dont have the talent right now to keep up with more explosive teams, espeically considering there is no ben wallace, lebron will find it that much easier

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
Also u are underestimating the value of ben wallace to detroit, after billups, he was easily the mvp of the team, at times even more so then billups

they just dont have the talent right now to keep up with more explosive teams, espeically considering there is no ben wallace, lebron will find it that much easier
Yet they are almsot equal on win % right now. I understand what you do in the regular season wont insure a win in the playoffs, but it gives you a hint on who is the better team, because you do end up playing more games.

And speaking of the Nets, every Nets fan knows that the only problem the Nets have, is Lawrence Franks

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
Yet they are almsot equal on win % right now. I understand what you do in the regular season wont insure a win in the playoffs, but it gives you a hint on who is the better team, because you do end up playing more games.

And speaking of the Nets, every Nets fan knows that the only problem the Nets have, is Lawrence Franks
doesnt matter what thier win percentage is, i remember miami struggled last year for sometime during the season

teams like phoenix and dallas got off to bad starts this season

and i dont think nets problem is lawrence frank, i think hes a good coach

nets problem is a solid big man in the middle, kristic is too inconsistent, and in pressure situations just fails to make any impression

they probably have the best backcourt in the nba, they need a consistent bigman in the middle who will get them 15 and 10 every night

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
doesnt matter what thier win percentage is, i remember miami struggled last year for sometime during the season

teams like phoenix and dallas got off to bad starts this season

and i dont think nets problem is lawrence frank, i think hes a good coach

nets problem is a solid big man in the middle, kristic is too inconsistent, and in pressure situations just fails to make any impression

they probably have the best backcourt in the nba, they need a consistent bigman in the middle who will get them 15 and 10 every night
You think Lawrence Franks is a good coach? Are you serious? The guy has no faith in his players. All he wants to do is have the majority of the starting line up play 35+ mins no matter how bad they are doing. He has no player rotation. If you watched any Nets game this season, you would barely see Carter or Kidd take the bench for more than 5-10 mins if they are having the worst game of their life. J Kidd in the last game for the Nets 1-11, and he played 35 mins. Carter was 7 of 17, and he played 40 mins.

Hell screw that game. Lets go to when Mavericks came to Jersey. Vince carter, 6-19 that night, yet he still manages to play 38 mins. Antoine Wright that game was given only 11 mins along with Eddie House.. RJ is on the floor for 40 mins, and his numbers are 3-9...in 40 mins! That's horrible, Seriously the bench is there for a reason. If your starters struggle, let your bench come in. Instead Lawrence Frank just stays with his starters and hopes they are going to produce magic

Dravid

International Captain
Speaking of the Nets, Carter and Kidd set histroy as Carter nails down 9 3 pointers, and Kidd passes Wilt in triple doubles. I read somewhere that J Kidd is avg a triple double every 3 or 4 game this season. If he can keep this up and Nets can go pass 40+ wins, JKidd will be a really strong contender for MVP

Dravid

International Captain
Just reported on ESPN that Iverson's locker has been cleaned out. I give it untill Afternoon in US today. Night time in US at the most! A deal for Iverson should be confirmed with in 24 hours.

David Stern has decided to go back to the old leather ball due to the number of complains coming his way from players. I guess the Microfiber ball will be a rare collectors piece now

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2694335

Last edited:

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
You think Lawrence Franks is a good coach? Are you serious? The guy has no faith in his players. All he wants to do is have the majority of the starting line up play 35+ mins no matter how bad they are doing. He has no player rotation. If you watched any Nets game this season, you would barely see Carter or Kidd take the bench for more than 5-10 mins if they are having the worst game of their life. J Kidd in the last game for the Nets 1-11, and he played 35 mins. Carter was 7 of 17, and he played 40 mins.

Hell screw that game. Lets go to when Mavericks came to Jersey. Vince carter, 6-19 that night, yet he still manages to play 38 mins. Antoine Wright that game was given only 11 mins along with Eddie House.. RJ is on the floor for 40 mins, and his numbers are 3-9...in 40 mins! That's horrible, Seriously the bench is there for a reason. If your starters struggle, let your bench come in. Instead Lawrence Frank just stays with his starters and hopes they are going to produce magic
theres nothing wrong with giving elite players alot of min, u look at the best players in the leauge, they all play around 40 min, iverson lebron the list goes on and on

and ur point of vince 6 of 19
u dont take great players out of the game when they are having bad shooting nights, thats the last thing u want to do

any great player will tell u, i want the ball, i want to keep shooting, i gotta keep attacking

apart from that, its the presence that plays a big role, when ur franchise player is on the court, the team seems to know what they are doing, take the franchise players out, the team seems lost more often then not

and you def need ur best players at the end of the game no matter what type of night they have had, thats just how it goes, these guys are play makers, they can win u a game out of nowhere

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
Speaking of the Nets, Carter and Kidd set histroy as Carter nails down 9 3 pointers, and Kidd passes Wilt in triple doubles. I read somewhere that J Kidd is avg a triple double every 3 or 4 game this season. If he can keep this up and Nets can go pass 40+ wins, JKidd will be a really strong contender for MVP
carters the most frustratin player in teh leauge, he needs to stop shootin 3s and attack the basket

he can shoot the 3 when ever he wnats, its always there, the guy promised so much, he just doenst have the desire to be the best, although he has the tools

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
Just reported on ESPN that Iverson's locker has been cleaned out. I give it untill Afternoon in US today. Night time in US at the most! A deal for Iverson should be confirmed with in 24 hours.

David Stern has decided to go back to the old leather ball due to the number of complains coming his way from players. I guess the Microfiber ball will be a rare collectors piece now

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2694335

they were real close to makin a deal with the bobcats, but iverson said i dont want to go there so the deal fell off

indiana is really in the mix now, but id be happy if he goes to boston or chicago

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
theres nothing wrong with giving elite players alot of min, u look at the best players in the leauge, they all play around 40 min, iverson lebron the list goes on and on

and ur point of vince 6 of 19
u dont take great players out of the game when they are having bad shooting nights, thats the last thing u want to do

any great player will tell u, i want the ball, i want to keep shooting, i gotta keep attacking

apart from that, its the presence that plays a big role, when ur franchise player is on the court, the team seems to know what they are doing, take the franchise players out, the team seems lost more often then not

and you def need ur best players at the end of the game no matter what type of night they have had, thats just how it goes, these guys are play makers, they can win u a game out of nowhere
I know, LeBron plays 40 mins a game, so does Iverson. I never said they don't. They should also, but only when they are playing good. I don't have anything against Carter or RJ playing 40 mins a game, but only when they are hot, or decent from the floor....not 3-9 from in 40 mins or 1-11.

You say you don't need to take your best player out of the games because they are doing bad, then why is there a bench. The bench is there for two reason. 1) A player is tired you rest him. 2) Your starters can't get anything right, that's when you bring in the bench.?

You say ask any good player that he will tell you he wants to shoot, and he wants the ball. How about you go ask any good coach what to do when a player is having a rough night.

Lawrence Frank is ruining the Nets team just like how Larry Brown ruined the Knicks last year. And I can guarantee you, if not during the season, Frank will be fired come end of the season.

I don't disagree with you on the part to give your players mins in the last qtr if they are doing bad, but if they are having a bad game , the bench needs to get more mins. You can't be a coach and keep the same players in and hope they produce magic. You don't win games that way.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
they were real close to makin a deal with the bobcats, but iverson said i dont want to go there so the deal fell off

indiana is really in the mix now, but id be happy if he goes to boston or chicago
I'm happy that Iverson didn't go to the Bobcats. They won't be like really good with him. It will another Sixers. It would be better for Bobcats to get another high pick this year and continue to build their team around young guys.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
I know, LeBron plays 40 mins a game, so does Iverson. I never said they don't. They should also, but only when they are playing good. I don't have anything against Carter or RJ playing 40 mins a game, but only when they are hot, or decent from the floor....not 3-9 from in 40 mins or 1-11.

You say you don't need to take your best player out of the games because they are doing bad, then why is there a bench. The bench is there for two reason. 1) A player is tired you rest him. 2) Your starters can't get anything right, that's when you bring in the bench.?

You say ask any good player that he will tell you he wants to shoot, and he wants the ball. How about you go ask any good coach what to do when a player is having a rough night.

Lawrence Frank is ruining the Nets team just like how Larry Brown ruined the Knicks last year. And I can guarantee you, if not during the season, Frank will be fired come end of the season.

I don't disagree with you on the part to give your players mins in the last qtr if they are doing bad, but if they are having a bad game , the bench needs to get more mins. You can't be a coach and keep the same players in and hope they produce magic. You don't win games that way.
NJ has 2 elite players, that leaves 3 spaces for frank to sub from the bench, and j kidd doenst play as much carter, so its not like the bench doenst play at all

also larry brown didnt really destroy the knicks, they were already crap
that team is just badly managed, u cant coach a bunch of selfish high talented players who play the same position

NY is a joke

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
NJ has 2 elite players, that leaves 3 spaces for frank to sub from the bench, and j kidd doenst play as much carter, so its not like the bench doenst play at all

also larry brown didnt really destroy the knicks, they were already crap
that team is just badly managed, u cant coach a bunch of selfish high talented players who play the same position

NY is a joke
J Kidd avgs 2 less mins than Carter for the season...what are you talking about?

And Larry Brown did destroy the Knicks. What possible reason did he ever have in this ****ing world to bring in a star like Francis, and bench him!? Larry Brown=the biggest idiot to have coached a NBA team.

Larry brown had no idea what to do with the team. And you say the team is badly managed, which majority of it comes from the coach.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
J Kidd avgs 2 less mins than Carter for the season...what are you talking about?

And Larry Brown did destroy the Knicks. What possible reason did he ever have in this ****ing world to bring in a star like Francis, and bench him!? Larry Brown=the biggest idiot to have coached a NBA team.

Larry brown had no idea what to do with the team. And you say the team is badly managed, which majority of it comes from the coach.
why would u want francis to play alongside marbury and crawford, thats bad management more then bad coaching

i mean all the players they have are firstly selfish, pretty much brainless but very talented play almost the same game

no matter what coach NY has, that teams gonna struggle

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
why would u want francis to play alongside marbury and crawford, thats bad management more then bad coaching

i mean all the players they have are firstly selfish, pretty much brainless but very talented play almost the same game

no matter what coach NY has, that teams gonna struggle
You talk about how your best players should play right. Marbury & Francis as the backcourt > Marbury & Crawford as the back court. Francis should have started for the Knicks.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
You talk about how your best players should play right. Marbury & Francis as the backcourt > Marbury & Crawford as the back court. Francis should have started for the Knicks.

not really, because francis and marbury are more like each other then crawford and marbury

crawford is not a passer at all while francis is more of passter then crawford

so the crawford and marbury combo works a lil better, but ti can be argued either way, theres been enough time when players who should be starters come off the bench simply because of match ups and player types

I remember how stackhouse and finley used to come off the bench in dallas when they were better then 3 of the players starting easily

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
not really, because francis and marbury are more like each other then crawford and marbury

crawford is not a passer at all while francis is more of passter then crawford

so the crawford and marbury combo works a lil better, but ti can be argued either way, theres been enough time when players who should be starters come off the bench simply because of match ups and player types

I remember how stackhouse and finley used to come off the bench in dallas when they were better then 3 of the players starting easily
Then can you give me one good reason Francis was brought in by Larry Brown? I highly doubt it was to improve their bench, cause that didn't happen.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Dravid said:
Then can you give me one good reason Francis was brought in by Larry Brown? I highly doubt it was to improve their bench, cause that didn't happen.
its not larry brown man, its isiah thomas, hes the one who brings in players, sure larry brown had something to do with it, but that is 90% Isiah

isiah is the reason that team is strugglin, he has made the dumbest trades and signings

thats what i meant by team management

no other GM would ever think of brining the type of players together that isiah has

NY has alot of moeny, but they need a good GM

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
its not larry brown man, its isiah thomas, hes the one who brings in players, sure larry brown had something to do with it, but that is 90% Isiah

isiah is the reason that team is strugglin, he has made the dumbest trades and signings

thats what i meant by team management

no other GM would ever think of brining the type of players together that isiah has

NY has alot of moeny, but they need a good GM
Actually, as far as I remember, it was Larry Brown who was dying for Francis to come into the team and "asked" the management to bring in Francis.