• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFL v NRL Finals Tipping Challenge 2012

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
nah pretty sure this comp was called off
Thought the NRL Grand Final was called off actually when I couldn't read anything about the game because Buddy Franklin was in the headlines for 3 days straight in NRL Grand Final week.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought the NRL Grand Final was called off actually when I couldn't read anything about the game because Buddy Franklin was in the headlines for 3 days straight in NRL Grand Final week.
Who?

Pretty sad to see Jono getting up on the back of tipping against his beloved Sheagles.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
:laugh: I completely forgot I said I'd support Manly to piss NRL fans off. Good reference.

Ftr, shouldn't be forgotten that I tipped Roosters after you tipped Manly. I literally out-tipped you in NRL to win this comp :cool:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, if I tipped Roosters would have lost anyway. Uv can crow over his position as best loser.

Pretty sure I out tipped you in the AFL bracket ftr. Comparatively I just sucked more at NRL tipping (surprising no one) than you did at AFL.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Final update

Apologies for the delay.

Easts make it a banner day for Jono.

Weekly

Burgey 8
NUFAN 8
uvelocity 8
Coronis 8
Brumby 8
Jono 8
morgie 0
Ausage 0
dermo 0

benchy 0
altoz 0
howardj 0

So hearty congrats to Jono and hardlines to Age, whose final bid for glory relegates him to fourth. Youvers and me bag the minors.

Final Standings

1) Jono 41.02 (12)
2) uvelocity 38.02 (12)
3) Brumby 33.01 (10)
4) Ausage 32.02 (12)
5) NUFAN 29.01 (9)
6) morgie 25 (9)
7) Burgey 23.02 (9)
8) Coronis 23.01 (8)
9) benchy 18.01 (9)
10) dermo 11 (5)
11) howardj 7 (4)
12) altoz 6 (0)

Thanks to all who took part and especially those who stuck with it to the bitter end. See you back in 2014. :cool:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Wait, there was a game on the weekend?

I didn't hear anything about it :man:
Yes. It was the final of the NRL/AFL Finals tipping challenge. Your score certainly suggests you only just remembered it was on.

Better luck next year champ.