• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFL v NRL Finals Tipping Challenge 2012

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Storm do the honours then.

Weekly

Clapo 8
pasag 8
Brumby 8
Ausage 8
morgieb 8
Wright 8
Burgey 0
Simon 0
Blewy 0
ripper 0
Vimes 0

Jono 0
Tozz 0
DCYE 0
Matteh 0
cameeel 0

All of which means I retain the title for Yurp. :cool: Saggers snatches the silver and morgieb makes up the medallists.

Overall

1) Brumby - 44.04
2) pasag - 42.03
3) morgieb - 40.02
4) Clapo - 38.03
5) Ausage - 36.01
6) Burgey - 34.02
7) Simon - 31.01
8) Wright - 27.02
9) Vimes - 26.03
10) Blewy - 26
11) ripper - 25.02
12) Jono - 22.01
13) dcye - 20
14) altoz - 19
15) Matteh - 14
16) cameeel - 11

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheers for running this Brumbers, and WD the winner(s).

Shouldn't have tipped with the heart - would have jagged second. Should have got on Archer for the Churchill Medal. ****.

ripper868

International Coach
Cheers for running this Brumbers, and WD the winner(s).

Shouldn't have tipped with the heart - would have jagged second. Should have got on Archer for the Churchill Medal. ****.
Loling quite alot at the Archer hate tbh. His one bad call in the final 5 minutes cost the Eels thi title? I'd say the Eels **** display in the first half cost them the title. I agree it wasn't a penalty but it hardly cost Parra the entire match.

Simon

Loling quite alot at the Archer hate tbh. His one bad call in the final 5 minutes cost the Eels thi title? I'd say the Eels **** display in the first half cost them the title. I agree it wasn't a penalty but it hardly cost Parra the entire match.
This exactly.

ripper868

International Coach
All true, but it's different when you're team's involved. Best that can be said is it would have given them a chance to score, no more than that :) Melbourne just too professional for our blokes when it mattered most.

It's fair to say the Parra fans sites are taking it well though:

http://api.ning.com/files/gJwT4GaIA...VU/StormBestPlayer09.jpg?width=316&height=400
Haha, nice. I know my team wasn't involved and I'm far from a die-hard League fan, but are fans really that one-eyed?

"Sure we leaked 22 rather soft points by not going hard at the ball (Inglis try in particular) and exposing our little guys to their big guys , but its that damn referee's fault, Slater may have just made a good run and had Melboune in good field position with us needing to go 95 metres in 5 minutes to score after another precise kick from Smith/Cronk that Burt/Hayne/Grothe allowed to bounce 7 times before playing it, not to mention the Storm outplayed us for 60 minutes and gave Jarryd Hayne no room to do anything good, but Tony Archer robbed us, no doubt about it."

Burgey

Haha, nice. I know my team wasn't involved and I'm far from a die-hard League fan, but are fans really that one-eyed?

"Sure we leaked 22 rather soft points by not going hard at the ball (Inglis try in particular) and exposing our little guys to their big guys , but its that damn referee's fault, Slater may have just made a good run and had Melboune in good field position with us needing to go 95 metres in 5 minutes to score after another precise kick from Smith/Cronk that Burt/Hayne/Grothe allowed to bounce 7 times before playing it, not to mention the Storm outplayed us for 60 minutes and gave Jarryd Hayne no room to do anything good, but Tony Archer robbed us, no doubt about it."
Sure they are mate, as they are in most sports. Only have to look in the Premier League thread to see how fans can be.

ripper868

International Coach
xzibit A: Greg Martin

I met him in the flesh a couple of weeks ago actually, not a bad bloke itbt. I never watch the Rugby on Fox so don't hear his commentary (am at the pub for most super 14 games as well so no commentary there), I just use Channel 7 for the tests, :wub: Gordon Bray

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Back for 2011

We missed 2010, but we're back, baby. :cool:

Scoring:

Correct tip in week one of finals: 1 point
Correct tip in week two of finals: 2 points
Correct tip in week three of finals: 4 points
Correct tip in Grand Finals: 8 points

Fixtures:

NRL Qualifying Finals

Wests Tigers vs. St George Illawarra Dragons
Brisbane Broncos vs. New Zealand Warriors
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles vs. North Queensland Cowboys
Melbourne Storm vs. Newcastle Knights

AFL Qualifying Finals

Collingwood Magpies vs. West Coast Eagles
Geelong Cats vs. Hawthorn Hawks

AFL Elimination Finals

Carlton Blues vs. Essendon Bombers
St Kilda vs. Sydney Swans

ripper868

International Coach
Would like to retract my earlier statements re Greg Martin - Blokes a ****.

NRL Qualifying Finals

AFL Qualifying Finals

AFL Elimination Finals

howardj

International Coach
Being the recently crowned Cricket Web AFL and NRL tipping champ, this competition dovetails nicely with my skillset!

NRL Qualifying Finals

AFL Qualifying Finals

AFL Elimination Finals

morgieb