• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AFL v NRL Finals Tipping Challenge 2012

luffy

International Captain
Melbourne(7)
Fremantle(3)
West Coast(1)
Collingwood(5) V

Manly(5)
St. George Illawarra(6)
Canberra(7)
Melbourne(1)

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
St. Kilda(6) V Melbourne(7)
Adelaide(2) V Fremantle(3)
West Coast(1) V Sydney(4)
Collingwood(5) V Western Bulldogs(8)

Newcastle(4) V Manly(5)
Brisbane(3) V St. George Illawarra(6)
Bulldogs(2) V Canberra(7)
Melbourne(1) V Parramatta(8)

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Melbourne(7)
Adelaide(2)
Sydney(4)
Western Bulldogs(8)

Newcastle(4)
St. George Illawarra(6)
Bulldogs(2)
Melbourne(1)

archie mac

International Coach
Aussie Rules, but I do follow the League quite closely

Newcastle(4) V Manly(5)

Hoggy31

International Captain
AFL

Melbourne(7)
Fremantle(3)
Sydney(4)
Western Bulldogs(8)

Manly(5)
Brisbane(3)
Bulldogs(2)
Melbourne(1)

cameeel

International Captain
Any NRL fans, why are the NRL scheduling the Storm's game for Sunday afternoon when it will clash with the Collingwood v Bulldogs game? That's just stupid having a rugby game at the same time as any Collingwood game, let alone a final.

Scheduling like that won't help attract fans in Victoria

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
AFL. Don't follow NRL at all.

Newcastle(4) V Manly(5)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
cameeel said:
Any NRL fans, why are the NRL scheduling the Storm's game for Sunday afternoon when it will clash with the Collingwood v Bulldogs game? That's just stupid having a rugby game at the same time as any Collingwood game, let alone a final.

Because with the way the McIntyre system works, 1 v 8 has to be played last so all the prior games are more exciting.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
cameeel said:

because the NRL always plays the 1v8 game on Sunday afternoon...
because we use the mcintyre system (the afl once used it) 7 and 8 will be out if they lose so those matches are played last. Leaves the teams who lost the 4v5 and 3v6 games on the edge of their seat...

archie mac

International Coach
broncoman said:
because we use the mcintyre system (the afl once used it) 7 and 8 will be out if they lose so those matches are played last. Leaves the teams who lost the 4v5 and 3v6 games on the edge of their seat...
I was listening to 'Sports Today' on the radio last week, and Johnny Gibbs sugested that they were going to play a Monday night game, what happened to that idea?

cameeel

International Captain
broncoman said:
But surely they can make an exception when it's the sole Victorian team playing at the same time as the biggest AFL club in the state? Even moving it to Sunday evening would be better.

I'm no rugby fan, but I don't want to see Melbourne fail to attract crowds.

Simon

cameeel said:
But surely they can make an exception when it's the sole Victorian team playing at the same time as the biggest AFL club in the state? Even moving it to Sunday evening would be better.

Television dictates when the match will be played, Channel 9 say 4pm Sunday, then thats when it's played...

Simon

cameeel said:

Next year Monday night Football will return, also be a second friday night match...

cameeel

International Captain
broncoman said:
Television dictates when the match will be played, Channel 9 say 4pm Sunday, then thats when it's played...
Oh well. Bad luck for the Storm though

Simon

cameeel said:
Oh well. Bad luck for the Storm though
their crowds have been reasonable of late, id still imagine they will draw a good figure, quite a few eels fans will travel down too...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Top idea Sean..

Personally follow both leagues of football, Proud supporter of AFL (Swans) and NRL (Sharks).

Newcastle(4) V Manly(5)

Going for an upset with Raiders over dogs, hope dogs get screwed over.. and go the Broncos

steds

Hall of Fame Member
cameeel said:
Why should their schedule be dictated by another sport?