Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Major League Baseball

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar

Major League Baseball

I know some of you follow it, it's time to get a bit more discussion happening.

Anyone catch the Cardinals match just now? Fair whack from Bennett with bases loaded, could have only been a better atmosphere if they were 3 down!

We lost about $3k on it at work, so I shouldn't be happy, but I backed them. I love my shorts in the baseball because they're more reliable than most other sports.

Anyway, continue discussion...
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Yeah that game was quite the thriller.

The Dodgers are going great this season, I'm picking them to go close.

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    boring
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ash chaulk
    boring
    I agree, baseball is crud, but only when you don't have money riding on it; otherwise it's great!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Hmmm.... last time I checked this was a cricket site. Take your heresy elsewhere.
    Last edited by andyc; 28-08-2006 at 03:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Not sure what happened to my Atlanta Braves this year, but it sure has been heartbreaking.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Squirrel Soccer Champion!
    Ive become an Insomniac, and baseball is on almost every nite on channel five in england, and i dont mind it to be honest
    This Weeks Samit Patel Fact - Has been mentioned in 32 of my posts

The Rifles - Whats your verdict? www.myspace.com/therifles

Winner of Cricket Webs Shane Warne Award - 4-11th Feb

RIP Mr Woolmer, We are all poorer for your loss.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomm NCCC
    Ive become an Insomniac, and baseball is on almost every nite on channel five in england, and i dont mind it to be honest
    Saw some of it last night after work, it's not bad at all. Kept me interested enough to watch again tonight if I can be bothered.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomm NCCC
    Yeah, I became so happy with being awake all night that I decided to work night shifts, then I could watch more baseball..
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Baseball rocks! Any predictions on the post season? Is Detriot for real? Who wins the AL Wild Card?

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble
    Saw some of it last night after work, it's not bad at all. Kept me interested enough to watch again tonight if I can be bothered.
    Yep, not just the empty-minded slog a lot of people seem to think it is, quite good to watch. I haven't got a clue how the leagues work though, it's too complicated at 2 in the morning.

I'll explain.

There are 2 leagues: The American League and the National League (the AL uses the Designated Hitter, who bats for the pitcher, the National League doesn't.

The 2 leagues are sub-divided into 3 divisions, East, Central, West. The teams will play many matches against teams in their division, less against teams out of their division but in their league, and will play very few matches outside of their league (known as inter-league play.) There are 162 games in a MLB schedule.

There's a post season as well, which I cba to explain.
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by The Baconator
    Yep, not just the empty-minded slog a lot of people seem to think it is, quite good to watch. I haven't got a clue how the leagues work though, it's too complicated at 2 in the morning.
    There are two leagues: American and National. The major difference between the two is the role of a "designating hitter". The DH does not have to field a position, he can just hit in the lineup. In the American League, the DH is in place. This means the pitcher (bowler) does not have to bat, which makes the American League style of play more offensive as pitchers in baseball generally can't hit. Conversely, in the National League, there is no DH, so the pitcher has to hit. Often times this means an automatic out for the opposing team. The National League is hence more defensive style of play and requires a lot more strategy. I prefer the AL myself.
    The game is not as easy as Cricket aficionados tend to make it (my first love is cricket mind you, but I love baseball as well). It involves a lot of strategy and skill, just like any major sport. Some of the great baseball rivalries are just as stirring as those of Cricket's. Yankees/Redsox rivalry is probably the best rivalry in American sports.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    ive played baseball for about 3 years now only becuz cricket isnt so popular here in canada. but me and my buds still play cricket.

Pinball Champion!
    The post season involves the winners of each division (in both leagues) being involved in a playoff, and the best NL team and the best AL team play in the World Series.. The winner of which is, well the best..

Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information