• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Dodgers aren't too shabby, are they? Even without Ramirez, they're leading their division by a fair bit - 9 games. 39-19!

_Ed_

Haha, the commentators really piss me off sometimes.

Hideki Matsui walks up to the plate, and they go "no one in Japan is doing anything right now except watch this."

Yeah, sure.

_Ed_

I don't get to see many Tampa Bay games on TV here. I've been really amazed today by how good those guys are defensively. They've come up with some outstanding plays.

It's a shame Longoria isn't playing today.

_Ed_

I can't believe the Orioles came back from 9-1 down to beat Boston 11-10. That's sensational.

_Ed_

Loved the Home Run Derby today. Prince Fielder is awesome.

Would have liked to see Joe Mauer get going and get past the first round though.

_Ed_

True, but that's not as bad as it sounds given the quality of the division.

I think Baltimore could be a postseason team in 2-3 years.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Don't particularly enjoy baseball, but as there's absolutely no other sports on midweek these days have been watching a fair bit of it. Watched Sanchez pitch that no-hitter the other day, was awesome.

Saw the HR derby as well which was awesome.

_Ed_

That no-hitter was insane. Sanchez isn't even a regular starter for SF.

So the Phillies have signed Pedro. He was awful last season and hasn't played at all this season.
"I might surprise you, I might not," Martinez said.
ITSTL.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Mark Buehrle throws a perfect game, I'll be damned.

Also Ed, the Mets are screwed this year, but sadly Omar Minaya seems to think we still have a chance. Best thing than can probably happen is he doesn't trade away any more prospects and gets fired at the end of the season.

_Ed_

Awesome. I really want to make it there one day.

Wouldn't have high hopes for the home team though. :(

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Awesome, Game 7 of the 01 WS on ESPN America. They've been doing lots of archive games recently, so good.