• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
The Nats suck. I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees put Nick Swisher on the mound as a SP against them.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yankees lose 10-2 in the first MLB game in their new stadium. Love it.

The only way it could have been better is if Sabathia had been on the receiving end of most of the damage instead of the bullpen.

Fusion

Global Moderator
They're currently down 19-4 to the Rangers :sleep:
O's keep losing the 3rd game of their series, and that too in big fashion! Incidently, loved Ian Kinsler's heroics from the game. The first modern player to hit for the cycle and get 6 hits in a game in MLB history (last player to did it was William Weaver in 1890). Not too shabby. :cool:

_Ed_

I have mixed feelings. I've never liked Gary Sheffield, but now he's a Met and he just hit a solo homer to tie it up 4-4. I don't know how to feel.

_Ed_

Manny Ramirez suspended for 50 games for a drug violation.

Coincidentally, on the same day, Alex Rodriguez slams a HR in his first at-bat of the season.

Josh

International Regular
Baltimore back in their rightful place :p 7 games behind on the bottom.

Good work, lads.

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
Watching my very first baseball game last night. Did enjoy it tbh. The Rays took the Red Sox pitching apart in the middle innings, Longoria killed with something like 5RBI. Will definitely be checking out this game some more in the future.

_Ed_

Crazy game today. The Mets were down 3-0 in the bottom of the eighth, came back to take it to extra innings, then won it on a walk!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Just did my All-Star ballot.

American League

1B Justin Morneau
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Jason Bartlett
3B Evan Longoria
C Joe Mauer
OF Carl Crawford
OF Adam Jones
OF Grady Sizemore

National League

1B Albert Pujols
2B Chase Utley
SS Hanley Ramirez
3B David Wright
C Benji Molina
OF Raul Ibanez
OF Manny Ramirez
OF Adam Dunn

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
American League
1B Cabrera (DET)
2B Hill (TOR)
SS Bartlett {TAM}
3B Longoria (TAM)
C Mauer (MIN)
OF Ichiro (SEA)
OF Bay (BOS)
OF Jones (BAL)

National League
1B Pujols (STL)
2B Utley (PHI)
SS Ramirez (FLA)
3B Wright (NYM)
C McCann (ATL)
OF Ibanez (PHI)
OF Beltran (NYM)
OF Fukudome (CHC)

And just for fun.....

Starting Pitchers
AL - Greinke (KAN)
NL - Santana (NYM)

_Ed_

Mine...

AL

1B - J.Morneau (MIN)
2B - A.Hill (TOR)
3B - E.Longoria (TB)
SS - J.Bartlett (TB)
C - J.Mauer (MIN)
OF - J.Ellsbury (BOS)
OF - A.Jones (BAL)
OF - Ichiro Suzuki (SEA)

NL

1B - A.Pujols (STL)
2B - O.Hudson (LAD)
3B - D.Wright (NYM)
SS - M.Tejada (HOU)
C - B.McCann (ATL)
OF - C.Beltran (NYM)
OF - A.Dunn (WAS)
OF - Kosuke Fukudome (CHC)

Nothing controversial there really. Wanted to find room for more Mets (Delgado, Reyes, Murphy), but couldn't pick them ahead of the guys I voted for.