• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I'll be watching some Major League Baseball in May. So exciting.

Visiting a mate in Canada, taking the ferry down to Seattle for a week or so. Looking at the M's vs Tigers series, but waiting on how the rotation is looking closer to the date. Might have to settle for either the Angels or the Astros, whichever lines up with a King Felix start.

ripper868

International Coach
Heading to New York for a few days in may (then on to Orlando, New Orleans, Vegas and LA). Bought tix to the Yankees v Mets at Yankee Stadium. Pretty stoked.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice! Hope you have an awesome time.

Sigh, the Mets lose in extra innings on opening day. That's not promising.

DingDong

State Captain
I'll be watching some Major League Baseball in May. So exciting.

Visiting a mate in Canada, taking the ferry down to Seattle for a week or so. Looking at the M's vs Tigers series, but waiting on how the rotation is looking closer to the date. Might have to settle for either the Angels or the Astros, whichever lines up with a King Felix start.
sit behind the homeplate the tix arent that expensive there anyway..although the prices might have gone up since the cano signing. the views from left and right fields imo are not great at all.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
watched the reds/cards game yesterday and it was clearly used to stop the game to get a guy in the bullpen warmed up.
Sounds bad. I'm interested in the decision to let the manager call for reviews. Was the sort of idea I had in mind for the Cricket DRS.

_Ed_

This is quite an epic Wild Card game between Oakland and KC. 7-7 and into the 12th we go.

_Ed_

With the play-offs upon us, I think it's time to revive this thread.

So thrilled with the Mets this season. They've been unbelievable. At the start of the season I thought the Nats would top the division and we would struggle to even get a wild card, but they vastly exceeded my expectations. The Dodgers aren't going to be easy to get past, but hopefully the amazing run can continue.

Over in the AL, the Blue Jays are seriously strong.

I'm thinking the Yankees will take today's wild card play-off game.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Agreed, Mets have been great. As much as I've enjoyed seeing Cespedes gun it, I'm really hoping for a big postseason from Wright and Grandy.

If the Yankees get through today's game, I reckon they could go a long way. Wouldn't mind seeing a Yanks-Jays NLCS.

_Ed_

3-0 in the seventh. A long way back from here. The season's slipping away for the Yanks.

_Ed_

Wow, Rangers lead the Blue Jays 2-0 after two games in Toronto! Hard to see the Jays turning that around in Texas.

JBMAC

State Captain
With so much going on about aussies making in the U.S. I thought I may bring to your attention a new book about one of the all time greats you've never heard of. His name is Joe Quinn. Through 17 seasons in the Major Leagues Joe Quinn has earned his place among the colourful characters who pioneered the modern game of baseball.Quinn was the FIRST Aussie born player in Major League Baseball. The author, Rochelle Llewelyn Nicholls is the author of numerous journal articles on orthopaedic surgery and sports medicine. She also writes about the science of baseball having worked as a sports scientist at various locationie by birth lives in Australia.s including the American Sports Medicine Institute. An Aussie by birth and currently lives in Australia.
It's a good read and even if you do not know much about the sport by the end you will have a greater understanding(I know I did) at completion.
TITLE: Joe Quinn, Among the Rowdies
AUTHOR: Rochelle Llewelyn Nicholls
PUBLISHER: McPharland
and is available on AMAZON
PS Author has a Facebook page and would encourage any enquiries/questions