• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've started watching MLB to help me fall asleep at night. That's actually how I started liking cricket.

What team should I support?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Honestly, I support them as well, but Tampa Bay. Team consistently competes at the top level despite having one of the smallest payrolls in the game through amazing management and great coaching. Such a fun team to support, even if we can never score enough runs.

Spikey

Tampa Bay is in Florida though. Do you really want to support a Florida sports team?

Uppercut

Ha, I'll watch them and see. I was thinking Toronto perhaps, not being American and having a knuckleballer are big attractions. But it might have to be an East coast team for the time zone.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Toronto play in the Eastern division so they'd be a good pick, I reckon. Plus they've got some pretty fun players to watch.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
What about the Mets? Are a East coast team. Play in New York. Could have a potential 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation with Matt Harvey & Zack Wheeler.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I've started watching MLB to help me fall asleep at night. That's actually how I started liking cricket.

What team should I support?
Any team that isn't the Yankees (or the Red Sox for that matter).

Don't support that Mariners unless you are a masochist.

Pittsburgh might be a good bet. :)

Last edited:

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
All Star game at the end of the week.

Don't jump on the Pirates just yet! They may fall over in the 2nd half again.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well it's here, the first half of the season is over and the All Star break is here. I must admit my favourite part of these next two days is the Futures Game. Loving watching all the best young players in one spot.

Fusion

Global Moderator
They all got off light. That includes Nelson Cruz from my team. Should have been banned for a year minimum (I realize that the CBA doesn't allow for that for first time offenders but **** the CBA). As for A-Roid, please ban for life.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I can't decide whether to laugh at the ridiculously short suspensions or applaud baseball for being the only major US sport taking this vaguely seriously

Fusion

Global Moderator
Koji, Napoli, and Salty were supposed to win the Ring with the Rangers, not the Sox. :( #stillhurts #CongratsSox #SuckitCards