• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson, Mark Buehrle, John Buck, Emilio Bonifacio to the Bluejays for Yunel Escobar and prospects?

**** me!

Fusion

Global Moderator
The city of Miami should sue to recover their $300 million + investment in helping the Marlins build their ballpark.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Any other club and you'd think the spare money available now would be used on decent free agents but it sounds like Miami just plan on being horrible for the foreseeable future. Not that the NL East clubs are complaining mind you.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Just heard about this deal. Holy ****, this is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Twitter update -

"Alright, I'm pissed off!!! Plain & Simple" — Giancarlo Stanton, Marlins outfielder

"Its a good day to be a bluejay" — Jose Bautista, Jays outfielder

Fusion

Global Moderator
They overpaid for him, but I'll hate seeing him in that uniform. The Rangers have had a disastorous off season. Every player they targeted (Grienke, Upton, Shields, Tori, Hamilton), they lost out on. They let Napoli walk, and traded Michael Young. The thing is, I actually think the Rangers were right in not giving all those players a huge contract, or trading for them by cleaning out the farm, because the price tag was too high. 4 years later, they might have the last laugh. But it's not 4 years later today. Today, it sucks that the Rangers are having such a horrible off-season.

In related news, good luck to the rest of the baseball world in competing with the "we don't have a budget" Dodgers!

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Getting rid of Michael Young was absolutely the right move. He was horrid last season. And I think over the last decade it's been proven that 'budgetless' teams aren't always the best ones. Just look at us!

While we're on the subject, I'm going to miss James Shields so much :(. My favourite player by so far.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
While we're on the subject, I'm going to miss James Shields so much :(. My favourite player by so far.
I'm sure Wil Myers will make you feel better.

Such a dumb trade by the Royals. I could understand if they were a couple of pieces away from contention, but they're not.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Mariners could go alright this year I reckon. They're in an absolute **** of a division but if Morse and co. can score some runs they'll do ok.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Also need Montero, Ackley, and Smoak to show everybody why they were rated so highly as prospects. In 2010 they were ranked 4th, 11th, and 13th best prospects in all of baseball.

Saunders and Seager need to build on promising seasons last year, and Gutierrez just needs to stay healthy.

If all that can happen, there is an outside chance at the 2nd wildcard.

The M's pitching and defence is fine, although they have sacrificed a bit by bringing in Morse and Ibanez.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
Well, at least Rangers fans know what it feels like to be one out away. #duckingforcover

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mets have been so awesome so far. It seems too good to be true - probably is, tbf.