• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
D'backs is a pretty decent choice, have one of the coolest pitchers around in Randy Johnson as well, only ones not eliminated as well I guess.

I'm starting to like the Mets a bit, but that's just Yankee hate. My mate bought a Yankees hat on Saturday, so obviously I had to write a sign saying "****" with an arrow pointing to him.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
D'backs is a pretty decent choice, have one of the coolest pitchers around in Randy Johnson as well, only ones not eliminated as well I guess.

I'm starting to like the Mets a bit, but that's just Yankee hate. My mate bought a Yankees hat on Saturday, so obviously I had to write a sign saying "****" with an arrow pointing to him.
Mets were the closest option tbh. Good club. Has its fair share of Caribbeans and Pedro "last stud pitcher ever" Martínez. (I realise now that I have to be up till 3am to catch the Diamondbacks games...oh well. The sacrifices. :) )

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Hmm, footage is a bit of an issue for me really. We get two games a week from ESPN, which are pretty full of the "big" teams, lots of Yankees, lots of Red Sox etc.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hmm, footage is a bit of an issue for me really. We get two games a week from ESPN, which are pretty full of the "big" teams, lots of Yankees, lots of Red Sox etc.
Hm.

Could do anyone who plays the Yankees. Works for half the fans in America, I hear.

Edit: Haha. Oswalt choking in the fifth against the D-Backs. One homer, one double, two singles, one walk, three runs, and he's only got the pitcher out. *grins*

Last edited:

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
watched the first four innings of Yankees vs. Giants yesterday and went to sleep when Yankees were up 3-1 and looking good.
final score: Giants won 6-5 in 13 innings.
baseball can be so crazy.

Josh

International Regular
Typical Baltimore season. Head the AL East then 5 weeks later be down the bottom of the AL East. Fed up with this ****, tbh.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Jeez, you guys are more into baseball than I am and I live near a city that has two baseball teams. I haven't watched a complete game of baseball since the time the White Sox won the World Series.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Opening Day 2008 isn't far away, so what do people think of the season ahead?

I've switched allegiance to the Mets. Quality bunch of players (particularly a fan of Wright), and so choke-prone that the season keeps its interest right to the end.

I see both the Mets and the Yankees are getting flash new stadiums for 2009 right next door to the old ones. The new Mets stadium looks really nice, it's much smaller than Shea and apparently all the seats will have more foot room and will be closer to the action. Meanwhile, the new Yankee Stadium is pretty much a replica of the current one. :blink:

sideshowtim

Banned
I'm a Rockies fan, and since I'm going to be in Colorado for my Dad's wedding this April, I'm going to see the Rockies v the Cubs!!! Really can't wait, should be a great experience.

Josh

International Regular
Orioles fan.

Can't be arsed to see if I've posted previously in this thread.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Opening Day 2008 isn't far away, so what do people think of the season ahead?

I've switched allegiance to the Mets. Quality bunch of players (particularly a fan of Wright), and so choke-prone that the season keeps its interest right to the end.

I see both the Mets and the Yankees are getting flash new stadiums for 2009 right next door to the old ones. The new Mets stadium looks really nice, it's much smaller than Shea and apparently all the seats will have more foot room and will be closer to the action. Meanwhile, the new Yankee Stadium is pretty much a replica of the current one. :blink:
And what might be the point of that?