• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

Lostman

State Captain
Saw Darvish pitch a whole game for the first time yesterday.
Looked impressive, would love for the Yankees to face him again this year though.
Yankees always struggle when they see a new pitcher for the 1st time.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Saw Darvish pitch a whole game for the first time yesterday.
Looked impressive, would love for the Yankees to face him again this year though.
Yankees always struggle when they see a new pitcher for the 1st time.
He's gotten better with each start, and what's impressive is that the quality of the opponents he's faced in subsequent starts keeps rising. Here's an impressive stat: since that disastrous first inning of his debut, his ERA is a cool 1.08!

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I'm curious. How did you guys get into baseball? And what made you select your respective teams to follow? I give both of you props for not picking the Yankees/Red Sox/Cubs as that would've certainly been the easy way to go.
I was living in Japan when Ichiro started out in MLB. M's game every morning. 116 wins!

But have been a fan of American sports since forever.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I used to hate baseball but in around 2006 (sadly enough) ****mark00 told me off and told me that if I actually tried to understand it I'd love it 'cause I'm a massive stat geek. He was right.

I picked Tampa because one of my best friends at uni was from Tampa and loved the Rays.