Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Major League Baseball

Detroit's fielding really cost them that game. Can't believe the bottom of the seventh. Rodney was pitching his heart out only to see a fielder fall over in the deep going for a regulation catch and then a simple out was sent over the first baseman. Pretty big choke if you ask me, although the Cardinals never looked out of it.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Tigers will come back, they won't go 4-1 down, pretty sure of that.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    I've been totally out of it since I've come to England. Is the World Series being broadcast on Channel 5? What sort of times?
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Vice-Captain
    It starts at about 1am and finishes at around 5am on Channel 5.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baconator
    It starts at about 1am and finishes at around 5am on Channel 5.
    Yea, I presume there'll be a program on tonight after the rain mucked up the schedule? I usually only watch half an hour of it then go to sleep - beats those godawful phone-in 'quiz' shows.

Yea, CEEFAX says 00:45 tonight.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Tigers will come back, they won't go 4-1 down, pretty sure of that.
    Just thought I'd quote this.

I came in here to quote that myself.

Its awesome being wrong.

Any baseball fans on here?

So far the BoSox have been hot hot hot. Hideki Okajima upstaging Daisuke Matsuzaka, there pitching looks strong. And Ortiz, Manny and co have been as clutch as ever.

Yanks are sucking balls, hope they miss the playoffs. And now they have Roger 'Mr Selfish' Clemens. Another reason to hate the Yanks. (I only cheer for Matsui, and thats it)

My M's are still crap. Been at 500 all year, our offseason pitching aquistions are turning out to be rubbish as i picked. Jeff Weaver (14+ ERA), plain old average Batista and Ramirez. At least Washburn has been better than last year, but not signing the decent Meche in favour of Weaver seems to have been a big bluey, and the Soriano for Ramirez trade still makes no sense. Expect the GM, Bill Bavasi, to be gone come next offseason.
    Ichiro has been on a tear of late though, my fav player. Batting over .500 the last week, brought his average up to .327 and since getting his consecutive steals streak snapped has stole 5 bases in 2 games. He's so gun.

Over to the NL. BrewCrew have been a big surprise, but have just started to slump.
    Cardinals are in an unsual position of being under .500. The loss of Carpenter was huge, cant see them making the playoffs at this rate.

So any baseball followers out there?

I generally try and watch at least one of the two games a week we get over here, but tbh, it's pretty hard to follow what's really going on from that. Have been trying to find a team to follow as well, but one doesn't really jump out at me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baconator View Post
    I generally try and watch at least one of the two games a week we get over here, but tbh, it's pretty hard to follow what's really going on from that. Have been trying to find a team to follow as well, but one doesn't really jump out at me.
    Used to watch parts of atleast 3-4 games a week. But becuase of the timing (on betwenn 6am-11am) and my lack of pay TV, I rarely get to see a game these days, have to check on results thru the net.

I am a Mariners fan basically because I'm in Japan, and the Mariners have Ichiro. When I first started watching baseball, back in 2002, when i was in Japan for my second stint, Mariners games were on every morning.

The Mariners were great back thenm but they suck now. Anyways, they have my favourite player, and another Japanese player in Kenji Johjima. I waiting for them to fire the GM, and start building a proper squad, but maybe it is too late. With Ichiro becoming a free agent next year, he could jump ship. He has said before that he wants to be on a team that wants to win, and with the Mariners current GM, they certainly aint showing such signs. Maybe i might jump ship with Ichiro.

The Mariners are my team too, not enjoying this season very much tbh.

I'm a fan of a sorry franchise known as the Texas Rangers. Currently in the bottom 5 of the league. It's amazing that a team which has had numerous superstars in its roster over the years (Nolan Ryan, Pudge, A-Rod, Juan Gonzales, Palmero just to name a few) has never won a playoff series, much less the pennant. I think with our current lineup, we're a candidate to be no-hit every night. And of course the pitching sucks like every year. It's gonna be another LONG year.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I'm a fan of a sorry franchise known as the Texas Rangers. Currently in the bottom 5 of the league. It's amazing that a team which has had numerous superstars in its roster over the years (Nolan Ryan, Pudge, A-Rod, Juan Gonzales, Palmero just to name a few) has never won a playoff series, much less the pennant. I think with our current lineup, we're a candidate to be no-hit every night. And of course the pitching sucks like every year. It's gonna be another LONG year.
    A couple of pitchers banned for taking steroids, and one might forgiven for thinking you were talking about your cricket team...

Bought a baseball game by SI (the guys who make Football Manager, though it's a different programmer) recently, so am trying to get into MLB. Games aren't exactly on at Norway-friendly times, though, and I'm struggling to find a franchise that is likeable. (Possibly the Red Sox - but they've had success recently...)
    Last edited by Samuel_Vimes; 20-05-2007 at 01:39 PM.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Dont forget the absolutely awesome Chan Ho Park. Yeah, you guys forked out over 200million for A-Rod (250mil was it?) but one player doesn't make a team. Pitching has always been shocking. Although this years Mariners < Rangers in the pitching department unfortunately. Meh, at least we have Felix but......
    Funny that as soon as A-Rod left for the Yanks the Rangers started playing decent...

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    A couple of pitchers banned for taking steroids, and one might forgiven for thinking you were talking about your cricket team...

Bought a baseball game by SI (the guys who make Football Manager, though it's a different programmer) recently, so am trying to get into MLB. Games aren't exactly on at Norway-friendly times, though, and I'm struggling to find a franchise that is likeable. (Possibly the Red Sox - but they've had success recently...)
    Yeah, I'm looking for a team as well, none leap out at me though.

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information