• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

Fusion

Global Moderator
Rangers on a 12 game winning streak and pitching lights out! This is the best stretch of pitching I've seen from the Rangers in my lifetime (I know that's not really saying much). It would be great to get some separation between us and the Angels right now. Most of our remaining games against them are on the road (in fact, most of our remaining division games are on the road).
Jinxed them. :( Blew a 5 run lead last night.

Fusion

Global Moderator
One of my favorite players of all-time, and one of the most under rated players in the game, Michael Young gets his 2000th hit. He's the 11th fastest player to get to that milestone. All he ever does is play hard and hit clutch. He's not the defensive player he used to be (in fact he's a defensive liability), but he can still hit and he's an all-around good guy.

Fusion

Global Moderator
This is the best night of watching baseball ever. It's the perfect advertisement for baseball and playoffs! Nothing is settled yet. From an AL perspective, Detroit wins and forces Texas to win or lose home field. Well Texas just won in dramatic fashion and now has home field for ALDS. Detroit has no idea which city they should be traveling to though. As of right now, Tampa/NY is tied in extra innings after Tampa comes back from 7 down. Bos/Bal is a tense 1 run lead so the AL wild card in not yet decided. Phi/Atl is tied in extra innings so the NL wild card is up in the air! This is amazing baseball and why I love the sport.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Baltimore ties the game in the bottom of the 9th! Yankees/Rays still tied going to the bottom of the 12th. I'm telling you, greatest night for baseball ever.

Edit: Boston loses!!!!! Oh my gravy. Sorry DCYE, but I REALLY want the Rays to lose so we can have a mouth-watering one game playoff tomorrow.

Last edited:

Dydl

International Debutant
Red Sox lose on a walk-off single that Crawford should have caught for the third out!

Fusion

Global Moderator
Longoria hits a HR just MOMENTS after the Red Sox lose to clinch the Wild Card!! WHAT. A. NIGHT.

Dydl

International Debutant
Rays win! What great comebacks from both the Cards and the Rays in the WC races. Awesome stuff.

Lostman

State Captain
Last night was insane. Best sports night ever!
I am Yankee fan, and I was soooo pumped when Crawford dropped the ball, and even I was cheering when Longoria hit the HR off Proctor.

Needed three TV's for last night.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Awesome start to the playoffs for us, especially as we have our two aces still to go over the next 2 games.

Also, what a **** way for CC vs. Verlander to end. Rained out. That's a big hit for the Tigers as well, they needed Verlander to shut down both his starts to have a real chance to get through this series.