• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

Fusion

Global Moderator
The Giants worthy champs. Outplayed us completely. With that young pitching staff, they'll be a force to reckon with.

As for the Rangers, this was the greatest season the team ever had. So many great memories and thrills. The only comparable feeling of euphoria I had when we won the Pennant was when Pakistan won the '92 WC. This season has been a joy and I can't wait for next year! :)

joels344

U19 Debutant
Yeah, the Giants are certainly worthy World Champions. But I believe this to be the most boring Series since 2007.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really enjoyed it.

I was surprised, though, by how poorly Cliff Lee pitched. He was a shadow of the pitcher he was in the ALCS just a week earlier. It was the second year in a row he's lost two World Series games. Is it unfair to call him a World Series choker?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm fairtly sure Cliff Lee beat the Yankees twice last season, and that he hadn't lost in postseason play until the Giants smacked him in Game 1.

_Ed_

He did too. Apologies. I read an article just after the World Series that said he lost both starts last year.

Last edited:

joels344

U19 Debutant
Derek Jeter just agreed to a 3 year contract worth 51 million dollars with the Yankees. Damn, I was hoping he wouldn't sign with them, but I guess it's fitting for him to finish his career with them.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Derek Jeter just agreed to a 3 year contract worth 51 million dollars with the Yankees. Damn, I was hoping he wouldn't sign with them, but I guess it's fitting for him to finish his career with them.
Anyone milking the Yankees for more than they're worth is good news.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I was talking about this on Facebook yesterday. That's gotta be one of the best pitching staffs assembled in history, surely? Shame they can't hit, maybe they'll move Oswald or Hamels for some hitting.

joels344

U19 Debutant
I consider it the finest pitching lineup in baseball history. They do need some work with their batting for sure.

_Ed_

Howard's good, tbf. He'd have to be, considering what they're paying him.

joels344

U19 Debutant
I was surprised to hear that Zack Greinke went to the Brewers. I mean, he didn't have the best season in 2010, but I'd like to see him on a better team than that.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I was surprised to hear that Zack Greinke went to the Brewers. I mean, he didn't have the best season in 2010, but I'd like to see him on a better team than that.
He has Social Anxiety Disorder though doesnt he? Would be tough to play on a big team in a big city with that.
That’s supposedly the reason that NY backed off. Plus, he has a limited no-trade clause in his contract that probably did not include the Brewers. Hence, he had no authority to block a trade to that team. From what I’ve read, the Rangers were offering a better overall trade package to the Royals for him, but the Royals insisted on getting major-league ready middle infielders in return. The Rangers were not willing to part with Elvis Andrus, and thus were knocked off the pursuit.

And oh, so long Cliff Lee. Thanks for the best 2 months of the Rangers’ existence. :(

_Ed_

Opening Day 2011!

Expectations for the Mets this year: low.

I'm loving this pitching duel in the Giants-Dodgers game on at the moment. 0-0 through three and a half innings.