• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
3-2 in the bottom of the 5th. **** these teams are even. Tense stuff, yet again.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Rain in the forecast this today and tomorrow in Dallas. This brings up a bad and a nightmare scenario for the Rangers:

Bad Scenario: Game 6 is rained out. The Yanks now have Pettitte available to pitch Game 6 and CC available to pitch a possible Game 7.

Nightmare Scenario: Rangers lose Game 6. It rains in the middle of Game 7, forcing the game to be stopped till the next day. Now the Rangers have lost Cliff Lee (as he pitched the previous day in the rain shortened game) for the deciding game.

Soooo nervous. I want no rain and NO GAME 7! That’s not too much to ask right?

_Ed_

Really want the Giants to get up here.

Not a great start so far in Game 6.

_Ed_

Interesting tactics from SF - three pitchers have done just two innings of work each. Oswalt, meanwhile, went through a solid six-inning start.

All locked up at 2-2 now in the top of the eighth.

EDIT: 3-2 to the Giants! Uribe with a go-ahead solo homer.

Last edited:

Jayzamann

International Regular
If anything I would have thought it would be Phillies-Yankees all over again, I suppose that nearly happened.

_Ed_

Giants are so lucky that they're only 2-0 down. Might be nerves, I guess, but they've been terrible so far.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Wow. Cliff Lee gets shelled and game one is a stinker for the Rangers. I would like to think back to the ALCS and say the Rangers came back from that meltdown. The only problem is, that meltdown happened against the bullpen, and Lee was still waiting in the wings to rescue us. Not so much this time. Panic.

_Ed_

Strong performance from SF in the end. I think the crowd lifted them after that shaky start.

Still, Texas amazed me with how well they came back against the Yankees. I'm not writing them off yet.

I was so sure this was going to be a pitchers' duel, but it turned out that both of the champion starters pitched terribly by their standards and got smashed. Funny how that happens.

Last edited:

_Ed_

It'll be tough for the Rangers to come back from 0-2 down in the series, which it looks like they'll have to do.

But at least they'll have their home crowd behind them for the next game.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I know it sounds crazy, but I'm strangely confident of our chances. I think we'll win all 3 games at home. Then we just have to win 1 of 2 back in San Fran. I probably hit my head somewhere and don't realize it, but I still think Texas is winning this.

_Ed_

Tough situation for Texas now - down 3-0 in the seventh. I think they'll need to come back and win this one if they want to stay alive in the series. I could see them winning one game in SF, but not both. If the Giants win this and go 3-1 up in the series, I think that'll basically clinch the title.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Tough situation for Texas now - down 3-0 in the seventh. I think they'll need to come back and win this one if they want to stay alive in the series. I could see them winning one game in SF, but not both. If the Giants win this and go 3-1 up in the series, I think that'll basically clinch the title.
Yup, my thoughts exactly.