Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Major League Baseball

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion
    Baseball rocks! Any predictions on the post season? Is Detriot for real? Who wins the AL Wild Card?
    Detroit has a really good team, but I think the White Sox could still sneak the division. Regarding the Wild Card, my heart says Boston, but my head says it'll be someone from the Central.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion
    Baseball rocks! Any predictions on the post season? Is Detriot for real? Who wins the AL Wild Card?
    They're going really well, it never ceases to amaze me what an impact Ivan Rodriguez has on a young team. Florida 2003, now Detroit 2006.

As for the AL...well...who knows? I'm thinking maybe the loser of AL Central, but I have a feeling Boston will get on a streak and they're only 5 behind so they could get there. And of course Minnesota are currently leading for the Wild Card so can't write them off.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    actually no white sox wont sneak division..........and btw detroit has a marvelous pitching staff so thats why they leadign this year.........alogn with a good GM...........also guys root for the TORONTO BLUE JAYS!!!!!!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_
    They're going really well, it never ceases to amaze me what an impact Ivan Rodriguez has on a young team. Florida 2003, now Detroit 2006.

As for the AL...well...who knows? I'm thinking maybe the loser of AL Central, but I have a feeling Boston will get on a streak and they're only 5 behind so they could get there. And of course Minnesota are currently leading for the Wild Card so can't write them off.
    The more I think about it, the more I think that Boston's only shot is to win the division. I'd love if the Yankees missed the playoffs. It'd be my dream scenario, after my eternal dream that Chelsea gets relegated from the Prem.

Re: Ivan Rodriguez, I've been a fan of his since his Texas days a little while back, and he's a terrific player and leader. He did a decent job with the 2005 Tigers too. I didn't expect them to be holding on this well, but then the White Sox (a more likely challenger than the Twins IMO) have been a disappointment.

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Not sure what happened to my Atlanta Braves this year, but it sure has been heartbreaking.
    You and me both.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    The more I think about it, the more I think that Boston's only shot is to win the division. I'd love if the Yankees missed the playoffs. It'd be my dream scenario, after my eternal dream that Chelsea gets relegated from the Prem.

Re: Ivan Rodriguez, I've been a fan of his since his Texas days a little while back, and he's a terrific player and leader. He did a decent job with the 2005 Tigers too. I didn't expect them to be holding on this well, but then the White Sox (a more likely challenger than the Twins IMO) have been a disappointment.
    I think Boston seems to be tanking it in. I think mentally they've given up on the season. I would be very surprised if they come back to win the AL East. I think the Wild Card winner will come from the Central.

You know Ivan Rodriguez is my favorite player of all time. When I first started watching baseball, Pudge was a rookie hot shot catcher for the Texas Rangers. He immediately became my favorite player and I've admired him ever since. To me, he is the best catcher of all time. Yogi and Bench supporters will dispute that, but neither of them had an arm like Pudge, plus he can match them offensively. No one has had a greater impact (defensively) on a game than Pudge. Opposing players are afraid to stray too far off the bag, managers usually don't call a steal on him, and he just has that intimidation factor all around. One of the saddest days of my sport watching life was when the Rangers let him walk away in free agency. The local press was almost gleeful when that happened. They always said that Pudge "didn't work well with pitchers, didn't call a good game, and only concentrated on throwing runners out". Well Pudge worked plenty well with Florida's young pitchers on his way to the World Series! And now he's doing the same with Det. Class player and all time legend. I now end my tribute to Pudge. You may resume regularly scheduled programming.

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    is matt mcgwire still playing cos ill be honest ive got his cards jersey in the wardrobe
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

Quote Originally Posted by ash chaulk
    is matt mcgwire still playing cos ill be honest ive got his cards jersey in the wardrobe
    That'd be Mark McGwire
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

same difference

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Nah broke his leg, remember.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

on ths simpsons?

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    on ths simpsons?
    For St. Kilda against West Coast.

oh yeah thats why i must wrote matt instead of mark

International Vice-Captain
    Anyone been watching the World Series so far?

I managed to last the whole of the 4th game this morning, was pretty good with Cardinals winning 4-3. I reckon the Tigers will pull one back today and then St Louis will finish it off in the 6th game.

I missed today's game, watched the first three though. I'd like to see it go to 7 but I probably want the Cardinals to win in the end.

With Rodriguez struggling so much with the bat Detroit seem to be struggling a bit as he's such an inspirational guy. Hope he can bounce back in Game 5.

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information