• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

Fusion

Global Moderator
Derek Holand's performance has been so key tonight. He came in when the Yankees had a chance to blow the game open. Instead he shut them down for 3 innings, giving the Rangers the opportunity to go ahead.

Fusion

Global Moderator
One win away from the World Series!! Believe you me, those are surreal words for a Rangers fan. :)

Jayzamann

International Regular
Gunning for a Rangers/Giants series.
Like the sound of that.

Can't believe how quickly this season has gone. Though, I've only really been paying attention to the post season. If Rangers go through to a World Series berth, all we need is a Mariners/Nats World Series in 2011 (heheh)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't think the Nats will do much next year. I've heard Strasburg is likely to be out of action for most of the season, and they won't bring Harper up to the major leagues until at least 2012. I do think they'll be a good team when they have both those guys playing.

And yeah, Rangers/Giants would be fantastic. Lincecum v Lee, possibly? Mouth-watering thought.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Poor stuff from the Rangers today. 12 hits, and only two runs to show for it.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well...you would expect the Yankees to put up a fight. Nothing is over in this series, though the Rangers still have the edge with Cliff ready for another start if needed.