• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

Agent TBY

International Captain
And he's done after 7. To sum it up: un-****ing-believable.

No walks, 4 hits, 2 earned runs on a home-run, and struck out 14 of the 24 batters he faced. Three perfect innings after the home run and struck out 8. Seriously, WAG. Only hit 100mph once, but was 97-99 the entire game. Has a great fastball, a good 2-seamer for the groundballs (hardly got any, though), and an absolutely filthy curve which breaks a mile. His change-up got hit for the homerun, though. Anyway, he's ridiculous.

On another note, Zimmerman and Pudge, WAGs. Pudge such a legend.

EDIT: And that's the game. Gets his win, 5-2 final.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
What an utterly awesome debut! This kid measured up to the hype alright. Man, he has the weight of the world on him and he calmly goes out and does that. My new favorite player. :wub:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just hope he stays healthy - I read today that Mark Prior had a similar debut (but with "only" 10 Ks), and we know what happened to him.

If this guy stays sound for his whole career, there could be some records broken.

_Ed_

Strasburg got a no decision. :eek: With the President in attendance, no less.

But he still struck out 10, taking his total to 32 in three games, and his ERA is below 2. So you could say he's doing OK!

Would be great if he could make it to the All-Star Game, but I don't see that happening this year. Just a bit too late.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
But he still struck out 10, taking his total to 32 in three games, and his ERA is below 2. So you could say he's doing OK!
ERA is a nothing stat, and should never be used to gauge whether a pitcher is any good or not.

His xFIP is 1.36, which is just plain ridiculous. Now, you can say he's doing OK from that.
(Cliff ****ing Lee has an xFIP of 3.10 btw)

:)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Simply awful incident at the Indians/Rangers game today. A fan fell 30 feet from the upper level to the ground below while going after a foul ball. The fan was responsive and able to move all extremities after emergency personnel reached him. As of this post, he is alive and being treated at the hospital. No replays were (thankfully) shown of him falling. The reaction of the players and fans was of shock and disbelieve. Several players kneeled down and started to pray. There was a 16 minute delay and the game resumed, but the atmosphere was surreal as the fans and the players didn't know how to react. Really awful stuff.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Jimenez and Lee should be starting, but Price will probably end up starting because he has more Wins (stupid but it always happens).

I mean, c'mon, Lee missed the first month or so and plays for a team that's 15 games under .500, yet he is 8-3 with 5 CG's and a crazy 89-6 K-BB ratio. Best pitcher on the planet at the moment, no doubt.

_Ed_

Simply awful incident at the Indians/Rangers game today. A fan fell 30 feet from the upper level to the ground below while going after a foul ball. The fan was responsive and able to move all extremities after emergency personnel reached him. As of this post, he is alive and being treated at the hospital. No replays were (thankfully) shown of him falling. The reaction of the players and fans was of shock and disbelieve. Several players kneeled down and started to pray. There was a 16 minute delay and the game resumed, but the atmosphere was surreal as the fans and the players didn't know how to react. Really awful stuff.
What a scary and horrible thing. I hope he makes a full recovery. Since it's hardly unusual for fans to reach out and try to catch the ball, I'm surprised the railings, etc allowed him to fall.

On a lighter note, Johan Santana hit a home run. :laugh: Magnificent.

Agent TBY

International Captain
I mean, c'mon, Lee missed the first month or so and plays for a team that's 15 games under .500, yet he is 8-3 with 5 CG's and a crazy 89-6 K-BB ratio. Best pitcher on the planet at the moment, no doubt.
You think he'll resign if the team continues to suck but he gets his wins?