• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
So, guys, Manny Ramirez was suspended for taking steroids, and now after the suspension he's not hitting well.

Any ideas what's changed so that he's not doing well? Anyone?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a mystery.

The Dodgers were stupid to relegate Pierre to the bench when Ramirez came back from his ban. Pierre was one of the main reasons for their awesome season, IMO.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Rays doing their best to choke tonight - in the top of the 8th they conceded two runs, on 35 pitches, with no balls put in play!

3 walks, a wild pitch that went out of play for two bases and two runs, and three strikeouts

Pat Burrell has just driven in the go-ahead run in the bottom of the 8th though, so they might win anyway.

_Ed_

Really enjoying this postseason. Today's Angels-Yankees game was quite the thriller.

_Ed_

But now it's looking like a Phillies-Yankees World Series...my two least favourite teams. *sigh*

_Ed_

That was alright, I guess. As much as I dislike both teams, they've got damn good players who put on a great show throughout the series.

Matsui was amazing in Game 6.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
An absolute epic trade.

-Halladay and some M's prospects to the Phillies
-Lee to the M's
-And Toronto get a whole lot of highly rated prospects.

Thank **** the M's finally have a GM with a brain in his head. Every move he has made has turned to gold. And with the acquisition of Lee, the M's are just a couple of pieces away from being division favourites. What with the Figgins bargain giving us the 1-2 punch of Ichiro-Figgins at the top of the order, and the new 1-2 punch of Felix-Lee at the top of the rotation. And we didn't even have to give up much in prospects. None of them were major league ready, and none of them even close to the quality of Tillman and Jones that we gave up in the ill-fated Bedard deal.

Hell, the Angels are going backwards, Lackey signing with the Red Sox, Figgins with the M's, missing out on Halladay. Yeah, they got Matsui but that's basically just a swap for Guerrero.

I would have never believed that the M's could become contenders so quickly after the shambles that Bavasi left the organisation in. Hopefully we can get sign a 1B/DH, resign Branyan, and maybe even a LF with the extra money we have since we got Figgins and Lee and bargains. Or maybe our awesome GM will pull another awesome trade/signing out of nowhere.

Awesome!!

Last edited:

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Zduriencik has looked like a genius so far, be interesting to see if he can find the decent middle-order bat he needs. But yeah, Angels as they are, he won't need one to contend.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
And Zduriencik gets rid of the useless Carlos Silva. OMG OMG OMG!!1

Not as good as the Lee trade, but still, he got rid of Carlos ****en Silva.
Silva's contract was basically a sunk cost. Bavasi was such a fool giving him $48m over 4years.

I had a feeling they were probably just gonna eat his contract, but now we get Milton Bradley.
Yeah, he has lots of baggage, but he at least has talent, unlike Silva. If he doesn't work out the M's can just drop him like they would have done with Silva.

Low risk, yet high reward if Bradley doesn't act up.

Now all we need is that middle order bat.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think it's only confirming what's been long since accepted, but still interesting to see Mark McGwire 'fess up to the roids (BBC).

Wonder if any other high profile sluggers will follow suit?

Craig

World Traveller
Commissioner Bug Selig welcomed McGwire's admission and claimed steroids have been almost wiped out of the big leagues.

:laugh: