• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NFL 2006 Season Thread

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well the NFL season is just around the corner, and I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread for this. Let's have heated debate, predictions, celebrations, whinings, or whatever else as it relates to this season. Go Cowboys. Cheers!

Fusion

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
Because I hate the cowboys, almost as much I hate the Giants.
Well there's no love lost between Cowboys fans and Eagles fans. It will be very satisfying when the Boys beat the Eagles TWICE this year. Can't wait for that matchup!!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I will be rooting for the COWBOYS. Eagles are an overly hyped team and Mcnabb is the most overrated QB.

My team is ofcourse the Defending SB Champs - The Steelers. Best Franchise in NFL.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
I will be rooting for the COWBOYS. Eagles are an overly hyped team and Mcnabb is the most overrated QB.

My team is ofcourse the Defending SB Champs - The Steelers. Best Franchise in NFL.
Hold on there eager beaver! That distinction belongs to the Dallas Cowboys. Let me demonstrate the point without any doubt:

- A record 8 Superbowl appearances
- Tied with your Steelers and Niners for most Superbowl victories (5)
- Tied with Patriots as only franchise to win 3 out of 4 Superbowls in consecutive seasons
- Most postseason appearances
- Most consecutive playoff appearances (9)
- Most consecutive winning seasons (20 from 1966 to 1985)
- Most seasons with at least 10 wins (24)
- Most appearances in the NFC Championship game
- Most Superbowl MVP's (7)

Case closed. :cool:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Sanz said:

Whether you believe McNabb is overrated or not, everyone except those in Atlanta have to agree that Vick is by far the most overrated QB.

Unless you're a cowboy fan, in which case your opinion does not count.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
@SS - I obviously am not a COWBOY fan but hey I would root anyone against dem Eagles.

On Vick, Overrated or not, he is so damn exciting to watch. I can watch him all day long running against 5 defenders. He is such an Amazing athlete.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
@SS - I obviously am not a COWBOY fan but hey I would root anyone against dem Eagles.

On Vick, Overrated or not, he is so damn exciting to watch. I can watch him all day long running against 5 defenders. He is such an Amazing athlete.
Vick is by far the most exciting player to watch. I'm not an Atlanta fan, but I try to watch all their games just to watch Vick.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
ash chaulk said:
Rams fan.... still the greatest show on turf
Not really. I used to love watching the Rams but Martz went a little too crazy in the end and hung Warner out to dry.

They could have continued to be great but when he insisted in having Warner isolated and vunerable in 4 wide reciever sets and then gave Bulger max-protect it showed that he was a little crazy and had no respect for the health of Warner or the sanity of his game plan.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Goughy said:
Not really. I used to love watching the Rams but Martz went a little too crazy in the end and hung Warner out to dry.

They could have continued to be great but when he insisted in having Warner isolated and vunerable in 4 wide reciever sets and then gave Bulger max-protect it showed that he was a little crazy and had no respect for the health of Warner or the sanity of his game plan.

Martz was a moron. He failed to use one of the best running backs in the history of the game to his full effect. He was much better when Vermeil was around to keep him in check.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Goughy said:

By the way...I thought you lived in SA, how are you interested in the NFL?

I believe Sanz, Fusion and I live in the US, so that would explain that.