• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NFL 2006 Season Thread

pasag

RTDAS
silentstriker said:
If your QB didn't have a noodle for an arm, maybe it would be better.
It looks like Pennington will be able to start, so fingers crossed. Wouldn't be suprised if he injures it again though.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
pasag said:
It looks like Pennington will be able to start, so fingers crossed. Wouldn't be suprised if he injures it again though.

Even healthy, his arm strength has always been in question. Ever since he was drafted. His accuracy makes up for that, but he does need to be healthy. A weak arm means offense is hindered, and a lot more interceptions.

ash chaulk

International Captain
pennington sucks tbh

back to ram talk

faulk was getting old steven jackson is now the prime bash busting back

holt bruce mcdonald curtis looker

bulger

orlando pace and alex barron at the tackles the only worry is the older guys at guard and centre

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
By the way...I thought you lived in SA, how are you interested in the NFL?

I believe Sanz, Fusion and I live in the US, so that would explain that.
Would you believe Im a US citizen and, despite now living in SA, I used to live in the US and still have property in California

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
Is Brett favre coming back for one more season..I hope so, just so the Vikes can humiliate him one more time:D

Fusion

Global Moderator
Swervy said:
Is Brett favre coming back for one more season..I hope so, just so the Vikes can humiliate him one more time:D
Yes Favre is coming back. From what I read, he's been throwing huge amount of interceptions during practices/scrimages. I mean more than usual even for him.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
I am willing to bet on Farve and Packers beating the Vikes in both regular season games. :p

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Yes Favre is coming back. From what I read, he's been throwing huge amount of interceptions during practices/scrimages. I mean more than usual even for him.
I would kill for Brett Farve. My man still cannot get his small hands around the ball

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Swervy said:
you are on!!!!
Any bets on Rothellisberger Vs. Culpeper on the opening night ? I expect Ben to be the winner and Pittsburgh to beat Miami although I think Miami is going to be pretty good this year.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Any bets on Rothellisberger Vs. Culpeper on the opening night ? I expect Ben to be the winner and Pittsburgh to beat Miami although I think Miami is going to be pretty good this year.
My money is on big Ben. Just make sure he wears a helmet while riding that bike of his.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
You never know about Pittsburgh though. Miami is a good defensive team and with the addition of Culpeper, they suddenly look good on offense as well with Chris Chambers and Ronnie Brown already there.

Anyways I think We also have one of the best offense (IMO) in the NFL. A very reliable quarterback, two good running backs in Duce Staley & Willie :cool: Parker, and arguebly one of the best group of WRs in the league led by Hines Ward and not to forget a top quality Tight End in Heath Miller.

Fusion

Global Moderator
How much is Pittsburgh going to miss The Bus though? Not just as a player, but as a locker room leader? Anyway, I would say the two early favorites in the AFC are Pitt and Indi. Dare I say this is the year that Manning finally gets over the hump?? :ph34r:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I think we are going to really miss the Bus' leadership this year, considering our next veteran is Hines Ward who is such an idiot off the field and QB is another stubborn idiot who just lost 2 teeth because of his stupidity. Our only hope on the offense field is Alan Faneca. I am not too worried about Defense and leadership in the locker room because there are guys like Joey Porter and Troy Polamalu.

Oh and Indi is over-rated. They are not going anywhere this year again. I back Broncos and Chargers to shine.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
Oh and Indi is over-rated. They are not going anywhere this year again. I back Broncos and Chargers to shine.
You realise that Drew Brees has left and Rivers is the QB don't you? I wouldnt expect anything except Gates to have another great year as Rivers will find nobody down field.