• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

ripper868

International Coach
Point enough to secure qualification?

Should have won from 2-0 up though, even giving credit to the Kuwaiti players for the comeback..

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah we just need a draw. We're even with Kuwait, and one point ahead of Oman who play each other on the last day. No result can send both teams ahead of us if we draw. A loss would leave us relying on results.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah we just need a draw. We're even with Kuwait, and one point ahead of Oman who play each other on the last day. No result can send both teams ahead of us if we draw. A loss would leave us relying on results.
Ahhh, didn't realise they were playing each other final round. If we can't get a draw against Indonesia at home.....goodness me

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Even if we lose the next game, we still aren't out. As we could re-qualify through the AFC Challenge Cup. Though those matches aren't on FIFA dates so the A-Leagues would probably still struggle against the might of Sri Lanka,

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Was just looking at Man Utd and Hull City game last night and I thought to myself why isn't Richard Garcia in the Socceroos plan. I know like MacDonald he hasn't done much in the chances he got for Australia. But both those players experience in high level games could come in handy even off the bench. As much as I love Brosque and rate Thomspon, I would back those two to do something against the likes Ghana, Serbia or Germany. The other one that I don't understand why they haven't made for squads in Federici and Jones. Both are playing regular now and if Schwarzer when down, I know who I would want in goal. Then there is your backup defenders spot. Really wish we had more friendlies to give the backup players a proper run and see who really has it at international level.

Would love a squad like this come the WC injuries pending.

Schwarzer, Federici, Jones, Kisnorbo, Neill, Moore, North, Emerton, Wilkshire, Chipperfield, Carney, Grella, Veleri, Culina, Bresciano, Cahill, Kewell, Garcia, Vidosic, Carle, MacDonald, Kennedy, Djite

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The more I think about it, the more I don't like our World Cup chances. Our defence is so average.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Was just looking at Man Utd and Hull City game last night and I thought to myself why isn't Richard Garcia in the Socceroos plan.
Assumed he was in training for a crack the 10m highboard in 2012, tbh.

Has issues with going to ground rather too readily, IMHO. You blokes would have to abandon any moral highground about Grosso if you played him.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Assumed he was in training for a crack the 10m highboard in 2012, tbh.

Has issues with going to ground rather too readily, IMHO. You blokes would have to abandon any moral highground about Grosso if you played him.
We need a team full of players like him then if we're going to be any chance :happy:

Can't see us doing as well as last time somehow. Would be nice, but I don't think so.