• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely absorbing game in Muscat atm. Thought the red was a bit harsh, but we've shown character to level the game and are still in this with 10 to go.

OMG Emerton!!!!!!!!!! Rovers hero!!! 2-1!!!! :clapping:

What a win this would be!

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Fireworks go off within meters of the players. Classy stuff from the Omani fans.

Commentator put it nicely. "Our bottles of water got confiscated, but not the fireworks."

Oman players getting frustrated here. Great to see :D

2-1 FT. Fantastic win Roos :thumbsup:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty annoyed that bloke only got 4 matches for manhandling a referee.

Far too lenient imo.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty annoyed that bloke only got 4 matches for manhandling a referee.

Far too lenient imo.
Without having seen footage of the incident, I have to say I completely agree. Referee's aren't given anywhere near enough protection in football.

irfan

State Captain
So what's our chances fellas?

Grouped alongside Germany, Serbia and Ghana for the WC

Obviously Germany will go in as favourites but they are notorious for being slow starters.I reckon we can sneak in 2nd as Serbia and Ghana are both dangerous customers but beatable.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Much tougher task this time around. We got the second toughest group, and we're a weaker team this time around imo. We desperately need a striker who can hold the ball up (I miss Viduka :( Can't believe he used to get crucified for not scoring enough) if we're going to be hell bent on 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1 w/e). Germany and Serbia will laugh and collect their clean sheets if we play Kennedy alone up front. He's decent, but he's not a good target man, and has succeeded against Asian teams largely because of their inability to deal with his height and strength.

We have to hope for massive tournaments from Timmeh, Harry and hope McDonald starts scoring in a yellow jumper imo.

I think Ghana are beatable, but will be very tough on their home continent, with assumed good support. Hopefully Serbia repeat their 06 jitters and Germany start off the tournament slowly.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FMD if the AFL and NRL conspire to sabotage our WC bid I will burn their ****ing houses down.

They've got 12 years (most likely) to sort out the re-orgainsation of their competitions - 12 years FFS. Stupid ****ing ****s whinging about it, ignoring the benefits they get re. refurbished and/ or new stadia.

****ing arseholes. Honestly, the amount of short-sightedness in this country never ceases to amaze me. No wonder Howard won 4 terms.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
FMD if the AFL and NRL conspire to sabotage our WC bid I will burn their ****ing houses down.
They're just positioning themselves for compensation if the WC goes ahead, although the AFL threat to cancel the season is pretty stupid. NRL in particular should be gunning for big upgrades to existing rectacular stadiums, particularly in possible expansion areas like Adelaide or Perth.