• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

ripper868

International Coach
Just caught the highlights on Foxsports, Carney's goal was brilliant. Looked like Schwarzer had a blinder again as well, some solid saves. And of course Tim Cahill, WAG.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Assume this was a squad made up of overseas-based players only? Or do no A-Leaguers make the full-squad?

Impressive result at any rate.

ripper868

International Coach
Was played in Eire, so OS based only, pretty sure Moore/Culina didn't make the trip over, and Kennedy was also spared the trip from Japan.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was it the second XI from Ireland? if not this is an extremely encouraging result.
This was their line up - not bad.

Given, O'Shea, St. Ledger, Dunne, Kilbane, McGeady, Whelan, Gibson, Duff, Keane, Doyle. Subs: Westwood, Nolan, Foley, Keogh, Andrews, Hunt, Folan, Miller, Long, Lawrence, Kelly.

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Squad for the game against Korea. No Cahill or Neill.

SOCCEROOS SQUAD: Michael Beauchamp (Aalborg), Mark Bresciano (Palermo), Nick Carle (Crystal Palace), David Carney (Sheffield Utd), Ante Covic (Elfsborg), Jason Culina (Gold Coast), Vincenzo Grella (Blackburn), Brett Holman (AZ Alkmaar), Danny Invincibile (Kilmarnock), Mile Jedinak (Antalyaspor), Josh Kennedy (Nagoya Grampus), Harry Kewell (Galatasaray), Patrick Kisnorbo (Leeds Utd), Scott McDonald (Celtic), Mark Milligan (Shanghai), Jade North (Incheon), Michael Petkovic (Sivasspor), Nikita Rukavytsya (FC Twente), Mark Schwarzer (Fulham), Matthew Spiranovic (Nurnberg), Shane Stefanutto (North Queensland), Dario Vidosic (Nurnberg), Rhys Williams (Middlesbrough), Luke Wilkshire (Dynamo Moscow).

Redbacks

International Captain
Dutch with a load of possession so far, their ability to keep the ball has been impressive but they might as well give up now cause England are the clear best team in the world :lol:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Think I just watched the most one-sided 0-0 in history. 20 shots to 4 :|

Also, Brett Holman is the worst player I've ever seen start for a full strength Socceroos. His pass completion tonight was ridiculous and that "shot" towards the end was hilariously bad.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think I just watched the most one-sided 0-0 in history. 20 shots to 4 :|

Also, Brett Holman is the worst player I've ever seen start for a full strength Socceroos. His pass completion tonight was ridiculous and that "shot" towards the end was hilariously bad.
Drew 0-0 with the 3rd ranked team in the world

Sure they were average but the fact that they didnt lose is just more evidence of why they're ranked above "better teams" like Portugal

Wouldnt surprise me at all if they go further than the last WC

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Drew 0-0 with the 3rd ranked team in the world

Sure they were average but the fact that they didnt lose is just more evidence of why they're ranked above "better teams" like Portugal

Wouldnt surprise me at all if they go further than the last WC
Never said anything about the side, only that we were ridiculously outplayed and that Holman was crap.

That said, if the pitch was dry we'd have lost by 2 or 3.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never said anything about the side, only that we were ridiculously outplayed and that Holman was crap.

That said, if the pitch was dry we'd have lost by 2 or 3.
Will be interesting to see if they can amp it up a bit tomorrow night against far weaker opposition.