• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Someone to partner Neill perhaps?
No idea, just going by what I read about him last night on the 'net. Spiranovic is likely to be a long-term centreback option imo, so I'm quietly hoping he gets a spot. Not sure if he's a better candidate than the likes of North and Coyne at this stage though. Speirz/Tharmi?

ripper868

International Coach
No idea, just going by what I read about him last night on the 'net. Spiranovic is likely to be a long-term centreback option imo, so I'm quietly hoping he gets a spot. Not sure if he's a better candidate than the likes of North and Coyne at this stage though. Speirz/Tharmi?
Coyne probz my pick, just got a lil excited when you mentioned williams as a good all round defensive. bring back Moore.

Spiranovic a good option as well though.

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Coyne probably the favourite at this stage. As far as 2010 is concerned, I don't think there's any doubt that we'll go with Moore and Neill (barring any major mishaps). I've no doubt Williams will get a run in the near future though, if only to officially secure him away from Wales.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Coyne has been in and out of his first team. North in good form in Asia, but has fallen down the pecking order. Not sure what gametime Spiranovic has had, I believe he got decent gametime. Milligan been in really good form and always rated highly, not sure how Pim rates him though. Williams has had the best game time out of all the defenders. All play in a similar standard league. Spiranovic will be my bet to get first shot, if he had decent gametime. Not 100% sure on that. Between Spiranovic and Williams for mine.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but in the latest FIFA world rankings, released today, Australia are up to 16th in the world.

I'm the first to admit that you have to take these rankings with a grain of salt, but it's a proud achievement for the boys regardless.

FIFA.com - The FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fowler played in any friendlies or anything yet? ****ing stupid ****house rumours about him joining the whites persist, find it ridiculous personally

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Went to the Brisbane Roar vs Celtic FC match yesterday.

Great to see the away supporters section with more then a handful people in it.

31 000 at the ground, very good crowd for a friendly, Roar will need to play heaps better if they want the crowd numbers to stay healthy.