• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

luffy

International Captain
Once the game eventually starts. Aussies carving up, Tim Cahill scored to make it 1-0 after10 minutes, i think.

Tim Cahill would have to be the best Australian. Easy.

luffy

International Captain
Emerton scores again to make it 3-0!!

Wilkshire set that one up well.

Good to see a positive result to come from a possible bogey game.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if 90 minutes is up in Japan, but it is 1-1 so far. Japan really struggling right now. Looks like the other side might be targeting Japan to try and get the 2nd spot. Either that or they are just playing crap.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kennedy! (Y)

Team looks so much more dangerous when he's in the box imo. Good matches from Cahill and Emerton as well, whilst I thought Moore & Neill gelled nicely at the back.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Went to the match last night, really enjoyed it.

The Qatar team were pretty poor, but still a 4 nil win has put us into a great spot of qualifying :)

ripper868

International Coach
Worst Argument. Not gonna travel three hours to Sydney to watch teams I don't even follow play. How bout give Canberra a team and then I'll be there.
I believe you now have a team in the W-league...will you get along to watch that? I'd say no tbh.

archie mac

International Coach
I watched some of the Diving in the 'd' league8-)

The reason why soccer will never be No.1 in Australia:dry:

*I know some call in football these days:ph34r:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Wondering about the opinions on Shane Smeltz's move to the new Gold Coast A-league side from next season? IMO thats a massive loss for the Phoenix. The NZ-based sides have struggled for goals in the NSL and A-League, and to finally have a consistent goal scorer in the form of Smeltz has been a big factor in at least allowing the Phoenix to get on the scoresheet often enough (even if that hasn't been the case this season so far).

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting to see Fred return to the A League, even if it is only for six games. Hope he goes well.

luffy

International Captain
Good to see us get the 3 points last night.

Didn't see the match, heard that we basically didn't deserve it. But hey, 3 points is 3 points!