Page 6 of 132 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Socceroos and Australian Football

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Queensland Roar's new signing - striker Yuning Zhang who is the Chinese 'David Beckham' back home in China and apparently his transfer to the Roar made didn't go unnoticed.

Now before Marc comes in here, I don't know how good he is since I don't follow the Chinese league, but I guess he will partner Reinaldo, and if he is popular in China as they say he is, does that make him a big name?
    TBH i think he might find it hard to get in front of Simon Lynch and Ante Milicic, but it looks like they might have some decent depth up front, which they really didn't have last season at all.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    FFA just named the training squad to play Kuwait, no surprise that no European players are their after some brain dead AFC put the matches on non international dates.

Clint Bolton (Sydney FC), Mark Bridge (Newcastle Jets), Alex Brosque (Sydney FC), David Carney (Sydney FC), Steve Corica (Sydney FC), Alvin Ceccoli (Sydney FC), Spase Dilevski (Queensland Roar), Travis Dodd (Adelaide United), Joel Griffiths (Newcastle Jets), Iain Fyfe (Sydney FC), Stan Lazaridis (Perth Glory), Adrian Leijer (Melbourne Victory), Matthew McKay (Queensland Roar), Mark Milligan (Sydney FC), Kevin Muscat (Melbourne Victory), Stuart Musialik (Newcastle Jets), Jade North (Newcastle Jets), Sasho Petrovski (Sydney FC), Kristian Sarkies (Melbourne Victory), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory), Michael Valkanis (Adelaide United), Danny Vukovic (Central Coast Mariners)

Only real surpise i see in the squad is no Paul Okon especially with Kevin Muscat and Steve Corica, then again he could be injuried i really followed the line ups of the side for the pre season cup.

My predicted XI to play Kuwiat:

Bolton
    Milligan-Valkanis-Fyfe-Lazaridis(c)
    Carney-Dilevski-Sarkies-Brosque
    Thompson-Griffith

Okon said he was finished playing for the national side and didn't want to take the place of a young player.....like Muscat and Corica

FFA just named the training squad to play Kuwait, no surprise that no European players are their after some brain dead AFC put the matches on non international dates.

Clint Bolton (Sydney FC), Mark Bridge (Newcastle Jets), Alex Brosque (Sydney FC), David Carney (Sydney FC), Steve Corica (Sydney FC), Alvin Ceccoli (Sydney FC), Spase Dilevski (Queensland Roar), Travis Dodd (Adelaide United), Joel Griffiths (Newcastle Jets), Iain Fyfe (Sydney FC), Stan Lazaridis (Perth Glory), Adrian Leijer (Melbourne Victory), Matthew McKay (Queensland Roar), Mark Milligan (Sydney FC), Kevin Muscat (Melbourne Victory), Stuart Musialik (Newcastle Jets), Jade North (Newcastle Jets), Sasho Petrovski (Sydney FC), Kristian Sarkies (Melbourne Victory), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory), Michael Valkanis (Adelaide United), Danny Vukovic (Central Coast Mariners)

Only real surpise i see in the squad is no Paul Okon especially with Kevin Muscat and Steve Corica, then again he could be injuried i really followed the line ups of the side for the pre season cup.

Bolton
    Thompson-Griffith
    Dilevski won't play centrally.

Anyway I like the squad they've picked
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    the chinese david beckham lol
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Queensland Roar's new signing - striker Yuning Zhang who is the Chinese 'David Beckham' back home in China and apparently his transfer to the Roar made didn't go unnoticed.

Now before Marc comes in here, I don't know how good he is since I don't follow the Chinese league, but I guess he will partner Reinaldo, and if he is popular in China as they say he is, does that make him a big name?
    Well it's at least the 3rd player signed by foreign clubs to be described as the Chinese Beckham.

First there was Li Tie, then Dong, now this bloke!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Well it's at least the 3rd player signed by foreign clubs to be described as the Chinese Beckham.

i guess its because everytime they lose there chinese beckham they gain a new one... which ones next

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178

Yuning Zhang is older then the other two, so my guess is that he is first and then rest are copycats.

or the chinese only know one other foriegn player and therefore label there better players after david beckham

Bolton
    Thompson-Griffith
    I think we will go in ultra conservative i.e. starting the old heads and then bringing on Sarkies, Brosque & co when (hopefully) the game is won.

-----------------------Bolton-----------------------
    -------Milligan----Valkanis-----Leijer--------
    Dilevski----Muscat----Corica---Lazaridis
    ---------Griffiths--------------Thompson------
    --------------------Petrovski---------------------

Maybe a little too inexperienced at the back. Muscat is supposedly going to play more in the midfield as a holding mid for the Victory this season and with the lack of ball winning central midfielders in the squad I think he will start and boss, read break a few legs, in the centre.

was bolton the keeper that was asked to train with the socceroos before the world cup or was it the central coast keeper?

That was Vukovic.

Leijer, Sarkies also trained with the squad and Milligan was of course in the 23.

Vidmar just signed for Central Coast so perhaps he will be available as well.

i wouldnt play him hes had a long rest and the games next week.

i knew about sarkies and that but couldnt remember vukovics name.

I just noticed that with Lebanon withdrawing the table looks like so.

Code:
    Group D Table:

P  W  D  L  GF GA GD Pts
    Australia   1   1   0   0   3   1    +2   3    
    Kuwait      1   0   1   0   0   0    0    1
    Bahrain     2   0   1   1   1   3    -2   1
    So if we beat Kuwait we qualify for the Asian Cup
    Last edited by Great Birtannia; 03-08-2006 at 10:08 PM.

it will be hard

Quote Originally Posted by Great Birtannia
    I just noticed that with Lebanon withdrawing the table looks like so.

Code:
    Group D Table:

P  W  D  L  GF GA GD Pts
    Australia   1   1   0   0   3   1    +2   3    
    Kuwait      1   0   1   0   0   0    0    1
    Bahrain     2   0   1   1   1   3    -2   1
    So if we beat Kuwait we qualify for the Asian Cup
    I had really wanted them to play here. Would have been great had they choosen it to play in Sydney
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Page 6 of 132 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information