• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeh obviously, although I have fox and I watch a few matches, when I didn't have it for a while it sucked not being able to watch even the odd game.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Go see a game imo (y)

Can't wait till the Gold Coast team joins, might actually get to go and see the Roar play well (away from home etc.)

Johnners

Haha, I wasn't arguing about anything. Just suggesting that it's worth going to see a game if you can.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Pim tells Carle to quit Palace

Think he makes a fair point tbh.
Nah, disagree. Carle will learn more about himself as a player & a bloke playing in The Championship (FFS 8-) I'd only just got used to calling it Div 1) than he would in one of those milksop continental leagues. Cahill's competitive instinct was honed after having seven shades of ****e kicked out of him when he played for Millwall.

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Nah, disagree. Carle will learn more about himself as a player & a bloke playing in The Championship (FFS 8-) I'd only just got used to calling it Div 1) than he would in one of those milksop continental leagues. Cahill's competitive instinct was honed after having seven shades of ****e kicked out of him when he played for Millwall.
I dare say Carle got just as much, if not more, **** kicked out of him in the A-League though than in the Championship. I can see why Carney went to England, but not Carle, realistically I thought he should've gone somewhere to improve his skills, but apparently he had family issues in Turkey.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I dare say Carle got just as much, if not more, **** kicked out of him in the A-League though than in the Championship. I can see why Carney went to England, but not Carle, realistically I thought he should've gone somewhere to improve his skills, but apparently he had family issues in Turkey.
Fair enough, I don't watch enough of the A-League to compare it, really. Aussie players over here generally play a "British" get-stuck-in sort of game (with Kewell the obvious exception) tho so can imagine it's quite robust at times.

Is he an EU-passport holder, btw? I doubt he's played 75% of Australia's games over the last two years so I don't think he'd qualify for a work permit for the UK.

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Fair enough, I don't watch enough of the A-League to compare it, really. Aussie players over here generally play a "British" get-stuck-in sort of game (with Kewell the obvious exception) tho so can imagine it's quite robust at times.

Is he an EU-passport holder, btw? I doubt he's played 75% of Australia's games over the last two years so I don't think he'd qualify for a work permit for the UK.
Yeah, it's probably even more physical than the British leagues, although it's slowly changing. The problem here tends to be more with the coaching and the refereeing though, rather than it simply being the style the players seem to be best suited to.

I think he's got some sort of Chilean decent actually. Not sure how he actually managed to get a permit.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Carle will learn more about himself as a player & a bloke playing in The Championship (FFS 8-) I'd only just got used to calling it Div 1) than he would in one of those milksop continental leagues.
Oi.

Some of us appreciate that damaging three muscles in an opponent's leg is not necessarily the main goal of a footballers' daily work.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Adelaide the Liverpool of the A-League. Got nothing in the league, but look like millionaires in the Champions League.

Amazing how their average South Americans look so good in Asia, with the slower tempo.

Johnners

Good to see the U-19s scored a win in their mini-tournment last week.

Hoping for a good game tonight, It will be the first time since the friendly against Argentina I've seen a full Soccerros match (going with a mate to the Sportsmans Club to watch it).