Page 55 of 130 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Socceroos and Australian Football

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Yeah but when you go in with a two footed tackle in your own box, most players are going to fall over you regardless of whether you touch them or not. One of the first things you learn as a defender to not go in with two footed challenges when your the last man in the line.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by ash chaulk View Post
    what about that 9yr old signing eh?

obvious that the english are going to steal him once hes old enough to play int
    The thing that might save us if he get called up to U20 before the English U21. I think the rules have changed lately where a player who play U20 or U23 etc can't play for another country without a certain amount of quailification time. Pretty sure thats the reason why Jlloyd Samuels couldn't play for T&T World Cup as he played for England U21. Cahill had to serve a 10 year period after playing for Western Somoa U21 as 14yo.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    The thing that might save us if he get called up to U20 before the English U21. I think the rules have changed lately where a player who play U20 or U23 etc can't play for another country without a certain amount of quailification time. Pretty sure thats the reason why Jlloyd Samuels couldn't play for T&T World Cup as he played for England U21. Cahill had to serve a 10 year period after playing for Western Somoa U21 as 14yo.
    Isn't he basically English anyway though?
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Yeah but when you go in with a two footed tackle in your own box, most players are going to fall over you regardless of whether you touch them or not. One of the first things you learn as a defender to not go in with two footed challenges when your the last man in the line.
    That would make sense if he was anywhere near Grosso when he made that challenge. As it was he'd done his sliding and missed and was stationary when Grosso decided to try and get past him.

Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Isn't he basically English anyway though?
    Something like that, iirc his mother holds an English passport etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

U19 Cricketer
    Dick Advocaat likely to be next Socceroos manager

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/...d=st&cid=93522

And Aloisi likley to stay till 2011, 50 goals is a target worth aiming for!
    Jason Gillespie = Best Bowler and Batsman of South Australia
    CW Record Stats http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=23910

Mario Jardel just signed for the Jets, whats the Brazilian count up to now? Fred may have only played one season, but i reckon we might look back at the A-League in 4-5 seasons time and think that he made the A-League what it is. Will be interesting to see how they all go this season. The guy from the United looks the real deal, very talented footballer. Can't defend much as left back, but awsome in attack, a bit Roberto Carlos-ese.

I know of at least 6.. Jardel, Juninho, Reinaldo & Marcinho (i think that's his name, he's signed with the Roar anyway) and i know Wellington has signed 2 Brazilians..

Jardel is a bit of a gamble imo, he's been in the wilderness for a few years with substance issues from what i've heard....that said, if he produces the attacking football he's capable of it could be quite a show. IIRC he's was the top goal scorer in europe back around 98-01 for 1 or 2 years.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    I know of at least 6.. Jardel, Juninho, Reinaldo & Marcinho (i think that's his name, he's signed with the Roar anyway) and i know Wellington has signed 2 Brazilians..

Jardel is a bit of a gamble imo, he's been in the wilderness for a few years with substance issues from what i've heard....that said, if he produces the attacking football he's capable of it could be quite a show. IIRC he's was the top goal scorer in europe back around 98-01 for 1 or 2 years.
    Leandro Love is at Melbourne as well, Adelaide has Diego and Cassio, the Jets are also supposedly planning to sign Denni http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denni_Rocha_dos_Santos

Jardel has the ability to carve up in the A-League. Really love that we're seeing alot of overseas players, young and old in the A-League. It may just have launched Fred's career and hopefully it can do the same for many players to come.

U19 Cricketer
    Les Murray brought up something the other day that i've thought about of late. How come we haven't recruited any African players to join the A-League?

Work permits are harder to obtain?? he raises a good point.

U19 Cricketer
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Work permits are harder to obtain?? he raises a good point.
    If that's it then they aren't trying hard enough.

I know we probably have very limited knowledge of the talent in the area etc as most clubs probably don't have too many links there, but surely it's worth being the first in like Melbourne was with Sth Americans.

U19 Cricketer

Thread Information