• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mmmm, when Troussiers name got thrown into the ring it was made sound like he was the favourite, and he certainly does look to have a much better record, so I guess it is a little surprising. That said, Verbeek, as you said, has pedigree, so lets see what he can do.

Johnners

Yessssssssss

Queensland Roar 2 def. Central Coast Mariners 1

Now for Sydney to at least draw with the Mariners in their postponed match...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Should be interesting, I don't think we were ever going to get a high profile coach unless we spashed out millions. Also it looks like he will base himself in Australia, which is a positive. Didn't do a great job with Korea, in terms of the football they played. But he does seem like a manager that can get a job done, without making a side look great. His experience in Asia should help as well.

Davey

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yea but lets be honest, we still need foreign expertise at the top level.. i hope in time our game style not just with the Socceroos but with the A-league teams adapts to the Dutch method or whatever we choose to employ (looks like we are going Dutch)..

Its gonna be interesting though to see how the A-league players adapt to a new way of playing.. very much possession based

Johnners

Gutted we lost to the Victory on saturday... Great to see that Zullo will be back in action on Sunday against Sydney, expecting him to carve up down the left, and nail a goal or 7.

Johnners

Nah, only Victory & Adelaide can make it of teams outside the 4 atm, and even then they're remote chances.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone hear the news that Gold Coast and Townsville might get sides in the A-League next season. Should be good to increase the fixtures and give more spots to guys coming home and potentially more spots for high earning players.

Johnners

Heard that Gold Coast is pretty much a certainty to get a team next season, haven't seen anything much about Townsville though.

Roar vs. Sydney tonight is a huge game, with the loser effectively out of the race for the minor premiership. A draw will take QLD to the top of the ladder on goal difference I think.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Heard that Gold Coast is pretty much a certainty to get a team next season, haven't seen anything much about Townsville though.

Roar vs. Sydney tonight is a huge game, with the loser effectively out of the race for the minor premiership. A draw will take QLD to the top of the ladder on goal difference I think.
When the Knights folded there was big talk that Townsville will get their spot last season, but Wellington came through in the end. Looks like Gold Coast now have jumped ahead of the pack, but Townsville from all reports are still 2nd favorites for the 10th spot, if they expand next seaon. Only a small mention about Townsville in this article.

Also I can't believe Sydney still in the running for minor premiership, we played so crap this season.

Last edited:

Johnners

Sydney played crap at the start of the season, have been playing well since Kosima took over imo. So wish I had fox sports, following the game on espn gamecast is the pits. Shameful that neither Sydney or QLD have radio coverage as well, the only 2 teams in the league that don't as far as I know.

Mister Wright

Sydney played crap at the start of the season, have been playing well since Kosima took over imo. So wish I had fox sports, following the game on espn gamecast is the pits. Shameful that neither Sydney or QLD have radio coverage as well, the only 2 teams in the league that don't as far as I know.
That's because soccer sux and it would be a waste of precious air time. It's boring watching it, couldn't even imagine listening to it.

Johnners

That's because soccer sux and it would be a waste of precious air time. It's boring watching it, couldn't even imagine listening to it.
Nah, go home, you've clearly got no idea.

EDIT: Gah, 0-0 draw, Bolton saved a few in injury times by the looks of things :(

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
Been amazing since Kosmina came, and everythung stopped being about Juninho.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Been amazing since Kosmina came, and everythung stopped being about Juninho.
I think the fact that we started to get players back from injury has more to do with it, then the change of coach. It meant that we had more options and didn't have to carry an semi fit Juninho. Don't think we are playing that much better then we did in those ACL matches against the Reds and co.

Looks as if Roar dominated the match and we were lucky to get away with a draw. Perth 2-1 up after half time. Probably the worst result if your a Victory fan. Looks like Adelaide might be out of the race, unless they pull off something special.