• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Samuel_Vimes said:
Spot on. Played for Moss a couple of years before they got relegated, I think. Probably a Lillestrøm fan researching the game. :laugh:
He's certainly at Moss in CM01/02. Would be a pretty good English Div1 or an average Premiership player based on that.

ash chaulk

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Ederson isn't a youth is he?

I remember signing him in my last game.

Ditched the Australian game as the wage limit is ridiculous.
i signed him as a 19 yr old brazillian u21 so i guessed he was one

ash chaulk

International Captain
wehrmen has been awesome in my game although i won't be renewing his contract...

i also manage australia

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ash chaulk said:
i signed him as a 19 yr old brazillian u21 so i guessed he was one
I think he's one of the CM gods, with huge potential IIRC.

Certainly he was in the last version.

ash chaulk

International Captain
ash chaulk said:
Perth Glory have signed a new coach i believe. Socceroos technical director Ron Smith.

Jason Petcovic has injured his leg and will probably miss the first A-League game leaving young socceroos goal keeper alex vreteski (17) to debut.

Glory are also going to trial 3 portugese and 1 brazillian.
all are in the portugal second division and have been scouted by a lazaridis contact.
mmmmm hmmmm

old news old news

Cloete

International Captain
Griffiths, van Strattan and Old to the Jets it seems.

The World Game said:
Griffiths backed by new coach

Newcastle United Jets coach Nick Theodorakopoulos believes new boy Joel Griffiths could be the 'A-League signing of the year'.

Griffiths, who scored on his Socceroos debut after coming on as a substitute against Jamaica in October last year, will join the Jets after failing to make an impression with Leeds United in the Coca-Cola Championship.

"We've signed – I think he’ll be the A-League signing of the year – Joel Griffiths," Theodorakopoulos said on Saturday night.

"He's on his way back (to Australia) and will hopefully be back within the next two to three days."

Theodorakopoulos, speaking after his side's 0-0 Pre-Season Cup draw with Queensland Roar in Port Macquarie, said the Jets had also snapped up New Zealand international defender Stephen Old.

"He's (Old) a very good player as well. I've been following him since he captained at 17 the (New Zealand) U23's."

The Jets also expect to complete the signing of former Australia U17 goalkeeper Jess van Stratten, who is currently playing in Italy.

"Jess has agreed to terms but unfortunately we haven't finalised the clearance from Verona yet," Theodorakopoulos said.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
FFA just named the training squad to play Kuwait, no surprise that no European players are their after some brain dead AFC put the matches on non international dates.

Clint Bolton (Sydney FC), Mark Bridge (Newcastle Jets), Alex Brosque (Sydney FC), David Carney (Sydney FC), Steve Corica (Sydney FC), Alvin Ceccoli (Sydney FC), Spase Dilevski (Queensland Roar), Travis Dodd (Adelaide United), Joel Griffiths (Newcastle Jets), Iain Fyfe (Sydney FC), Stan Lazaridis (Perth Glory), Adrian Leijer (Melbourne Victory), Matthew McKay (Queensland Roar), Mark Milligan (Sydney FC), Kevin Muscat (Melbourne Victory), Stuart Musialik (Newcastle Jets), Jade North (Newcastle Jets), Sasho Petrovski (Sydney FC), Kristian Sarkies (Melbourne Victory), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory), Michael Valkanis (Adelaide United), Danny Vukovic (Central Coast Mariners)

Only real surpise i see in the squad is no Paul Okon especially with Kevin Muscat and Steve Corica, then again he could be injuried i really followed the line ups of the side for the pre season cup.

My predicted XI to play Kuwiat:

Bolton
Milligan-Valkanis-Fyfe-Lazaridis(c)
Carney-Dilevski-Sarkies-Brosque
Thompson-Griffith

Craig

World Traveller
Surprised nobody has mentioned Queensland Roar's new signing - striker Yuning Zhang who is the Chinese 'David Beckham' back home in China and apparently his transfer to the Roar made didn't go unnoticed.

Now before Marc comes in here, I don't know how good he is since I don't follow the Chinese league, but I guess he will partner Reinaldo, and if he is popular in China as they say he is, does that make him a big name?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Surprised nobody has mentioned Queensland Roar's new signing - striker Yuning Zhang who is the Chinese 'David Beckham' back home in China and apparently his transfer to the Roar made didn't go unnoticed.

Now before Marc comes in here, I don't know how good he is since I don't follow the Chinese league, but I guess he will partner Reinaldo, and if he is popular in China as they say he is, does that make him a big name?
TBH i think he might find it hard to get in front of Simon Lynch and Ante Milicic, but it looks like they might have some decent depth up front, which they really didn't have last season at all.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
chaminda_00 said:
FFA just named the training squad to play Kuwait, no surprise that no European players are their after some brain dead AFC put the matches on non international dates.

Clint Bolton (Sydney FC), Mark Bridge (Newcastle Jets), Alex Brosque (Sydney FC), David Carney (Sydney FC), Steve Corica (Sydney FC), Alvin Ceccoli (Sydney FC), Spase Dilevski (Queensland Roar), Travis Dodd (Adelaide United), Joel Griffiths (Newcastle Jets), Iain Fyfe (Sydney FC), Stan Lazaridis (Perth Glory), Adrian Leijer (Melbourne Victory), Matthew McKay (Queensland Roar), Mark Milligan (Sydney FC), Kevin Muscat (Melbourne Victory), Stuart Musialik (Newcastle Jets), Jade North (Newcastle Jets), Sasho Petrovski (Sydney FC), Kristian Sarkies (Melbourne Victory), Archie Thompson (Melbourne Victory), Michael Valkanis (Adelaide United), Danny Vukovic (Central Coast Mariners)

Only real surpise i see in the squad is no Paul Okon especially with Kevin Muscat and Steve Corica, then again he could be injuried i really followed the line ups of the side for the pre season cup.

Bolton
Thompson-Griffith

Okon said he was finished playing for the national side and didn't want to take the place of a young player.....like Muscat and Corica :p

Cloete

International Captain
chaminda_00 said:

Bolton
Thompson-Griffith
Dilevski won't play centrally.

Anyway I like the squad they've picked :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:

Well it's at least the 3rd player signed by foreign clubs to be described as the Chinese Beckham.

First there was Li Tie, then Dong, now this bloke!